Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Heat problem.

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
November 26, 2012 3:36:46 AM

Hi all, well i got a problem on my pc, every few months i open the case to do some dust cleaning and every time i also remove the cpu fan to clean it as well, the thing is this time, when i plugged everything in to start the pc again, after logged onto my windows account, the cpu fan started to raise as crazy, and after a moment the pc shutted down, so, i checked the fan screws and everything and seems like everything is fine, now i can log in and all, then i tried to open guild wars 2, and it started again i checked the cpu temperature with a program i have, and it was over 90c, so i closed the game and it went back to normal, any idea of what can this be? any help will be very much appreciated ty.

this is the system im using:
XPS 435
cpu intel i7 9.20 2.6ghz
8gb RAM
1 TB HD
geforce 460 gtx 1gb.
windows 7.

More about : heat problem

Best solution

a c 141 à CPUs
November 26, 2012 4:07:39 AM

Dnx said:
Hi all, well i got a problem on my pc, every few months i open the case to do some dust cleaning and every time i also remove the cpu fan to clean it as well, the thing is this time, when i plugged everything in to start the pc again, after logged onto my windows account, the cpu fan started to raise as crazy, and after a moment the pc shutted down, so, i checked the fan screws and everything and seems like everything is fine, now i can log in and all, then i tried to open guild wars 2, and it started again i checked the cpu temperature with a program i have, and it was over 90c, so i closed the game and it went back to normal, any idea of what can this be? any help will be very much appreciated ty.

this is the system im using:
XPS 435
cpu intel i7 9.20 2.6ghz
8gb RAM
1 TB HD
geforce 460 gtx 1gb.
windows 7.

If you take off the heatsink you have to re-apply thermal paste. Clean off the old thermal paste with coffee filters and rubbing alcohol and re-apply themal paste. Also make sure the heatsink is seated right and fully locked down.
November 26, 2012 5:05:05 PM

rds1220 said:
If you take off the heatsink you have to re-apply thermal paste. Clean off the old thermal paste with coffee filters and rubbing alcohol and re-apply themal paste. Also make sure the heatsink is seated right and fully locked down.

THX alot rds1220 i went to my local staples and got this http://www.staples.com/Antec-Formula-7-Nano-Diamond-The..., before the application i was getting on idle a temperatures of 55c-60c, and when i opened something like guild wars 2 the temperatures were about 95c-100c, after i applied the compound on idle is about 35c-43c, and when i open the gw2 its about 45c-53c, thanks for your help :) .
Related resources
a c 141 à CPUs
November 26, 2012 6:31:03 PM

Glad that helped I have used that thermal paste and didn't like it at all. It worked in lowering my temps but had the consistency of moist clay and IMO dried out pretty fast. Maybe I got a bad tube I don't know you'll have to see though. Please select a best answer before you leave so the mods know your question was answered.
November 26, 2012 6:48:56 PM

Best answer selected by Dnx.
!