Sign in with
Your question

Need help with my new graffic card

Last response: in CPUs
November 26, 2012 3:54:07 AM

I have a e-machine it has 4 gb memory bigger power supply aftermarket. I bought a new graffic card. I installed it also ran the disk that came with it and now my screen looks like a checkered board. The graffic card is a geforce gt 640. What am I doing wrong not to be able to use my computer?

More about : graffic card

a c 148 à CPUs
November 26, 2012 4:05:13 AM

bigjy1982 said:
I have a e-machine it has 4 gb memory bigger power supply aftermarket. I bought a new graffic card. I installed it also ran the disk that came with it and now my screen looks like a checkered board. The graffic card is a geforce gt 640. What am I doing wrong not to be able to use my computer?

Computer building/upgrading 101, never use the CD that comes with new hardware always go onto the manufactures website and download the latest drivers. What CPU do you have, does it have onboard graphics?
m
l
November 26, 2012 4:15:22 AM

Yes it does have a onboard graphics card. I have an E-machine it is a et1352g-03w. It comes with a nvidia built in it. But I bought a aftermarket nvidia geforce gt 640 graphics card.
m
l
a c 148 à CPUs
November 26, 2012 4:17:59 AM

bigjy1982 said:
Yes it does have a onboard graphics card. I have an E-machine it is a et1352g-03w. It comes with a nvidia built in it. But I bought a aftermarket nvidia geforce gt 640 graphics card.

Ok, like I said I would download the latest drivers from Nvidia's website. If you have problems you go fall back on the onboard graphics to trouble shoot.
m
l
!