How to stop visual effects?

XP Pro

Found the section to alter visual settings however there is one I want to disable.

When you have a window open and you move it, the windows does a scrolling type of effect -
quickly disappears and reappears from top to bottom or vice versa. Too quick to work out.
I cannot stand it doing that and it did not do it before I reinstalled XP today.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about stop visual effects

    Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearance tab | Effects button |
    UNCheck: ? Show window contents while dragging | OK |
    Apply | OK

    [[Specifies whether to display window contents as you move or size it. When
    this check box is cleared, you can see only the outline when you move a
    window.]]

    Start | Run | Type or Paste:

    control sysdm.cpl,system,3

    Click OK | Performance Settings button |

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:OBcwrUSNFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    W E B GU R L <nospam@thanks.com> hunted and pecked:
    > XP Pro
    >
    > Found the section to alter visual settings however there is one I
    > want to disable.
    >
    > When you have a window open and you move it, the windows does a
    > scrolling type of effect - quickly disappears and reappears from top
    > to bottom or vice versa. Too quick to work out. I cannot stand it
    > doing that and it did not do it before I reinstalled XP today.
    >

    > Thanks

Configuration Customization Windows XP