Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Please Advise!

Last response: in CPUs
Share
November 26, 2012 5:26:57 AM

Ok, so I've been riding on a Pentium 4 chip since what, 2005. My specs are:

Processor: Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz, LGA 775, 1 MB L2 cache, Prescott.
Motherboard: AsRock G41C-VS, G-41 Chipset(If that isn't obvious) :p 
Memory: Kingston VR 2 GB 1333 Mhz RAM(I'm fine with this much)
Storage: Seagate SATA II 3.0 GB/s 80 GB(I'm fine with this too)
Power: 450 W Zebronics

So, I would like you all to suggest some super affordable Processor and a compatible motherboard that could run games like BF3 or GTA 4 at medium settings and resolution of, maybe, 1024x786 WITHOUT discreet graphics. No, I don't want multiplayer(quite lousy at that).

I was considering Pentium G630, but then I looked up and found LGA 1150(sucessor of LGA 1156) is coming so maybe I could do with AMD maybe.

Thanks in Advance! :) 

More about : advise

November 26, 2012 6:05:35 AM

whats your budget?
m
0
l
November 26, 2012 6:12:41 AM

i would go with a amd 965be and a cheap motherboard like ashrock n68-vs3 fx, cheap board but can take upto a 95w 8 core for £35, cpu should serve u very well for 50-60. you will need ram wont u as you will be running on ddr2, u will need 1 stick of 4gb ddr3 £20
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 26, 2012 6:13:11 AM

5hubh4m said:
Ok, so I've been riding on a Pentium 4 chip since what, 2005. My specs are:

Processor: Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz, LGA 775, 1 MB L2 cache, Prescott.
Motherboard: AsRock G41C-VS, G-41 Chipset(If that isn't obvious) :p 
Memory: Kingston VR 2 GB 1333 Mhz RAM(I'm fine with this much)
Storage: Seagate SATA II 3.0 GB/s 80 GB(I'm fine with this too)
Power: 450 W Zebronics

So, I would like you all to suggest some super affordable Processor and a compatible motherboard that could run games like BF3 or GTA 4 at medium settings and resolution of, maybe, 1024x786 WITHOUT discreet graphics. No, I don't want multiplayer(quite lousy at that).

I was considering Pentium G630, but then I looked up and found LGA 1150(sucessor of LGA 1156) is coming so maybe I could do with AMD maybe.

Thanks in Advance! :) 

AMD a8-a10
m
0
l
November 26, 2012 11:50:00 AM

A8 is old and A10 is not released her. My budget is a about $150(Rs. 8000) for both the things.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
November 26, 2012 2:00:08 PM

5hubh4m said:
A8 is old and A10 is not released her. My budget is a about $150(Rs. 8000) for both the things.


Wait for Trinity APUs to hit the Indian Markets, if you want to game without discrete GPU. Expected to release near Christmas.
However, you won't be able to max out GTA 4 with it, but it'll run smoothly at medium.
Share
a b à CPUs
November 26, 2012 2:52:22 PM

vinaykumar5320 said:
Wait for Trinity APUs to hit the Indian Markets, if you want to game without discrete GPU. Expected to release near Christmas.
However, you won't be able to max out GTA 4 with it, but it'll run smoothly at medium.


Yep good advise, you could wait for AMD A-10 and use the integrated graphics (which is more powerful than Intel integrated). I would suggest you pick a power supply that has a little more power in case you want to add a discrete graphics card in the future so you won't have to replace the PSU at the same time.
m
0
l
November 28, 2012 10:35:39 AM

Thanks for the answers, I will surely waith 4 the A10.
m
0
l
November 28, 2012 10:35:58 AM

Best answer selected by 5hubh4m.
m
0
l
!