santaclaws

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
Hey guys, (pending the sale of my Mac Mini) I'll be building my first computer which I'm really excited for since I've grown tired of gaming on the PS3 and that I've always wanted to build my own computer. :)

I've recently moved here (The Philippines) and I've been doing quite a lot of researching/bargain hunting for parts online and in stores. I've put together a list of parts below that fit my budget and does not compromise on performance, so please feel free to critique my build and any suggestions/tips are welcome, when I finally do get my parts I'll be posting a build log on here. :p

First of all before I list the parts down, I figured it's best that I told you guys a few things about my potential build:

My budget is Php 34,000 which is roughly about $810, I want this build to be obviously within my budget but still allow me the versatility to upgrade when I need to. I will only be buying my parts from http://www.tipidpc.com/useritems.php?username=PCHub as they have the best prices on components in the country. :)

The Build I have in Mind:

Processor: Intel Core i3-2120 3.5GHz - Php 4999

Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 - Php 6800

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws X (Dual) 2x4GB DDR3 1333Mhz CL9 - Php 2210

Hard Drive: (I didn't put in a hard drive as I have a Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB that I ripped out of a external hard disk as it had power troubles, so assuming the hard drive still works, I won't be needing a new one, so I put the money I'd theoritically save from not buying a hard drive into a better case and power supply.) Hopefully if it does work it won't die in the next couple of months... :pt1cable:

Graphics Card: Sapphire HD 7850 2GB GDDR5 - Php 10620

Power Supply: Seasonic S12II 520W PSU - Php 2850

Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer - Php 3900

Wifi Card: Dlink DWA-525 WiFi PCI LAN Adapter - Php 900

Total: Php 32,279 (Keep in mind that I've set aside Php 1290 for my mouse and keyboard)

Please post any suggestions that you may have, I appreciate all the help I can get. :) Oh and please use the site I gave you, nothing else.

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
The only thing suggest to you is to ditch the wifi card (unless you know you'll actually need it; motherboards have an integrated wireless chipset). You also may need an optical drive, unless you've got your OS and drivers loaded onto flash drives.

Other than that, your build looks fantastic - you've obviously done your research.

By the way, your bbcode didn't really work. Try lowercasing your bbcode tags.

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

Yeah, I'm sorry, you're right. It has been a long weekend.

Also, OP, unless you plan on Crossfiring in the future, consider moving to ASRock's Z77 Pro3 (about ~900 Php cheaper).