Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Equivalent new generation GPU to ATI 1900XTX GPU

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 22, 2012 4:37:47 PM

My ATI 1900XTX recently got damaged via my PSU and is, well, Fu**ed. :( 

Despite looking up on the specs for it's new generation replacement, I would appreciate recommendations on what would be best to take it's place, without hurting the $$$. I am not sure where to begin looking for an equal to it, so any feedback is appreciated. ;) 

BTW, ATI recommendations only! :non: 
a c 173 U Graphics card
May 22, 2012 4:47:50 PM

Well the x1900xt/xtx is roughly the same performance of a 8600gts. A simple GT430 will outpace it with ease in modern titles despite the lack of memory bandwidth and poor fillrates. I would aim for a 6670 instead.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
May 22, 2012 4:53:44 PM

Even the lowest end cards from a current generation will be much, much, MUCH faster than that card.
Related resources
May 23, 2012 6:47:58 AM

Thanks guys.

It's been a while since I was up to spec with the latest toys out there, but amazing to see how the tech is progressing over the years. Sad to see the old boy go but it's definitely time for an upgrade.

Thanks for the suggestions.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 23, 2012 8:14:06 AM

wernersp45 said:
My ATI 1900XTX recently got damaged via my PSU and is, well, Fu**ed. :( 

Despite looking up on the specs for it's new generation replacement, I would appreciate recommendations on what would be best to take it's place, without hurting the $$$. I am not sure where to begin looking for an equal to it, so any feedback is appreciated. ;) 

BTW, ATI recommendations only! :non: 

Here is where you can find the equivalent:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...
The closest ( a little better ) is the HD 4650 or HD 5550. If you are not gaming, then you can get those. But if you are gaming & want better experience, then it is a totally new discussion.
m
l
June 6, 2012 6:10:04 AM

Best answer selected by wernersp45.
m
l
!