Possible power surge, not booting

Jbf89

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Hi all, hoping this is the right forum to post this in,
Have had my pc for about 2 years now, long story short went out with the pc on, and a full blown storm came down. When I got back in the pc would not boot at all, the motherboard power light was just flashing.
Did all the usual, turned off mains and PSU, checked fuses in plugs and everything seemed fine (will mention here too it is plugged in to a surge protected multiplug). However the mobo still wouldn't boot up, tried with a new PSU and the light stays solid however when powering on there is no output and no beeps. Have tried with 1 stick and no sticks of RAM, an alternate graphics card I know to work and (after taking it apart and thoroughly cleaning it) the old PSU which now gives it a power light.
Anything else I can try? I'm running an ASUS p6T SE mobo, intel i7 920 processor, 3 stocks of 4gb 1600 RAM, a 120gb SSD as the boot and a 750gb HD (worth mentioning I've tried with them unplugged too).
Am out of ideas ATM unless the mobo itself is fried? But realistically would this be possible from lightning through a surge protector?
Any ideas at all would be great,
Cheers
JBF