Sabertooth 990FX
AMD X8120
XFX Radeon 6970
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
WD Caviar 500GB
Corsair XMS3 4x4GB
OCZ 850W Gold ZX Series PSU
Windows 7 Professional

My system under-performs badly on a lot of video games. I'm not sure what the issue is. It hasn't been too noticeable as I was mostly playing indie games for a while. Recently I've got into playing Batman Arkham City, Arma II, and The Secret World MMO. All of these have horrible performance problems. I drop to single digit frame rates.

When I try to run 3DMark basic it crashes on me. Any help would be appreciated.

Leach

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

I have the latest motherboard bios 1208.

I have all the latest video drivers, Windows 7 is fully updated.

I have dual monitors Acer P243w and X243w both connected individually via DVI to the video card...

Not to be rude, I wouldn't have this setup if I didn't know how things connected...

Sabertooth 990FX boards don't have onboard video nor do they have onboard video connectors. Meaning theres nowhere you could plug a monitor in without a video card. (More for inzone as informational only, than OP)

As far as anything else, just for the hell of it have you tried a clean install of Windows? Just to rule out software issues, viruses, conflicting drivers, etc? Try turning off AI suite, I don't have a problem with it, but I've heard of it occasionally causing trouble for some folks.

If 3DMark crashes in conjunction with the bad gaming performance, I'd wonder if there isn't an issue with the video card being defective in some way, just a wild ass guess.

Leach

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

Thank you for your reply nekulturny. I am uninstalling the AI Suite right now and I will test the games after that. I haven't tried to reinstall Windows 7 yet, but I will if I can't find any other suggestions.

I built this system in late March (tax refund) and all I've done with it is online schooling and Visual Studio/SQL Management studio. I've just recently begun any graphics intense gaming on it, so I'm not sure what could have happened from the time I built it till now, or if it has always been like this. With the indie games not being too intensive, I assume I just didn't see any backlash from it.

Leach

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

So... I uninstalled AI Suite, and I think that may have been it, Secret World and Max Payne 3 both performed as expected. I'd like to keep this open if people have other suggestions, but that may have been my issue.