jp1114

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2001
Hello Tom and anybody else out there that knows the answer.

I am thinking of building a PC similar to the one you, Tom, built (Do it Yourself PC System), but I cannot find the make and model of the PC case that you purchased.

"Case ATX Mid Tower with 300 Watt power supply $55.00"

Would you please tell us the make and model of your $55 case?

Thanks!

And thank you for a great Do It Yourself guide.

Take care,

Pat

FatBurger

Illustrious
Ok, first off, that article is quite outdated. Doesn't look it's gonna get finished, either.

Anyhow, the case is just a generic one, it might not even be made anymore for all we know.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

jp1114

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2001
I realize the article is outdated... but I am just interested in building a simple (no gaming, no overclocking) computer for my daughter. (I am planning on following the Do It Yourself article except for the video card.)

I was just wondering --since I have read so much about AMD overheating-- which inexpensive case would be safe (cool enough) for a computer with an AMD Athlon 800MHz CPU.

Thanks.

Spdy_Gonzales

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
I think any case with 300w psu that is AMD approved would be suitable. The Enlight case seems pretty good.

Check out this site for starters: <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/" target="_new">http://www.newegg.com/</A>

:smile: <font color=green>I wonder...what is the speed of gravity!<font color=green> :smile:

G

you can find an Antec KS282 for around $60. i don't know specifically about its cooling, but have read some very positive reviews about it and they say it's a good quality case.

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
just go woth the 800 duron and save your self some money

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile: