Sign in with
Your question

Possible GPU or motherboard problem on I7 2006 K

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
November 26, 2012 12:55:05 PM

Hello all!

I have been trying install windows 7 64bits in my pc using video onboard, because when i try use the offboard card the systems reboot.
after install the Intel Driver video, windows doens't boot correctly! freeze on the boot(windows logo).
I already tried use ASUS Bios in default mode and others ways..

my system:

CPU: I7 2600k
MOBO: ASUS P8Z68-LX
POWER SUPPLY: CORSAIR TX650
RAM: 16 GB
GRAPHIC CARD: XFX ONE HD 5450

- Could it be a GPU problem?

I tested the CPU in another board and the same problem happened..

Anybody knows what can be happening?

Thanks and regards,

Pachecux
a b à CPUs
November 26, 2012 1:12:50 PM

by offboard do you mean a motherboard?

when you install windows on a system you cant swap different motherboards as when the windows installs it uses specific drivers for that motherboard, you swap the motherboard and windows freezes as it cant boot because the drivers dont know how to communicate with a different motherboard
m
l
November 26, 2012 3:46:18 PM

Quote:
by offboard do you mean a motherboard?

when you install windows on a system you cant swap different motherboards as when the windows installs it uses specific drivers for that motherboard, you swap the motherboard and windows freezes as it cant boot because the drivers dont know how to communicate with a different motherboard

Hello, Alvine!

for each motherboard i did a new installation using appropiate drivers (the last version for all drivers).
I used two diferents motherboards with the same processor and the same problem persists.

I'm suspecting that the problem is the processor.

thanks,

Pachecux

m
l
!