Solved

Gaming/Video Editing/Coding@Database work

Hello all..

I'm building a new PC with around a 2500 dollar budget. Primary uses will be video editing, gaming, and when I get the joy of working form home.. a bit of coding/database work.

I have the following as a general idea for a system:

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 800D CC800DW Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Power Supply: CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (CMPSU-750HX) 750W
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
CPU Fan; Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler
Motherboard: GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML16GX3M4X1600C7
Video Card: 2x EVGA 02G-P4-2670-KR GeForce GTX 670
Hard Drive (bootable): Plextor M3 Pro Series PX-128M3P 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC 7mm Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

I have 3 2TB drives from my old system for data storage that I'll be bring over as well as a blue ray player/burner.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming video editing coding database work
  1. where do you live. it will help in deciding the parts

assuming you live in the US, heres what i would get. the plextor is great but the price diference just isnt worth it for a little boost in speed. a single 670 is capable of maxing out games at 1080p with 60+fps so i dont see the use for 2 right now. the motherboard is also overkill

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cdYB
  2. I do live in the U.S., sorry for not including that. The main reason for the motherboard choice was the onboard sound being the creative chip set. I have flip flopped over the second video card quite a bit.. mainly included for the decent amount of video editing work i do and some photoshop work.
  3. Best answer
    you can always add your own sound card. a nice one is the asus dx 7.1 surround sound card. if you think that spending 80 bucks on a sound card is too much, id get a asus ds 7.1. there isnt too much difference between the two. onboard audio from the z77x-ud5h is enough to satisfy most users. the ud5h does use a slightly better than usual sound system
  4. Best answer selected by baranthal.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Video Editing Systems Product