Memory tweak question

a b } Memory
March 30, 2005 12:12:04 PM

Does anybody have any info about these tweaks? I have only found
positive info on the web about this. But i'm looking for any negative
aspects to implementing these.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
Manager\Memory
Management]
"DisablePagingExecutive"=dword:00000001
"LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000001

More about : memory tweak question

Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 30, 2005 5:56:20 PM

Virtual Memory in Windows XP
http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1112199124.497975.287690@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,
Steve o.o.o.o.o <StevePetroski@gmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Does anybody have any info about these tweaks? I have only found
> positive info on the web about this. But i'm looking for any negative
> aspects to implementing these.
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
> Manager\Memory
> Management]
> "DisablePagingExecutive"=dword:00000001
> "LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000001
Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 31, 2005 4:12:12 AM

To explain what David posted, ask yourself one question.

Do want the OS to run the OS or your applications?

--
Walter Clayton

"Steve o.o.o.o.o" <StevePetroski@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody have any info about these tweaks? I have only found
> positive info on the web about this. But i'm looking for any negative
> aspects to implementing these.
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
> Manager\Memory
> Management]
> "DisablePagingExecutive"=dword:00000001
> "LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000001

a b } Memory
March 31, 2005 1:07:09 PM

Thanks. That one little sentence really sums it up for me (Do want the
OS to run the OS or your applications?). But Davids post is the techno
jargon I need to throw at somebody to get them off my back about this
"tweak". In this environment with some many applications (500 diff apps
for less then 1500 users) I think I have my answer.

Thanks again,
-Steve
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 3, 2005 4:31:17 AM

Steve o.o.o.o.o rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

> Does anybody have any info about these tweaks? I have only found
> positive info on the web about this. But i'm looking for any negative
> aspects to implementing these.
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
> Manager\Memory
> Management]
> "DisablePagingExecutive"=dword:00000001
> "LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000001

I've tried them and I have a athlon xp and 1 gig of ram and didn't see any
improvement
Anonymous
a b } Memory
April 3, 2005 4:33:36 AM

Also Microsoft recommends a page file on two drives if you have 2 I did this
and saw a great performance boost.
!