Memory tweak question

Does anybody have any info about these tweaks? I have only found
positive info on the web about this. But i'm looking for any negative
aspects to implementing these.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
Manager\Memory
Management]
"DisablePagingExecutive"=dword:00000001
"LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000001
5 answers Last reply
More about memory tweak question

    Virtual Memory in Windows XP
    http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:1112199124.497975.287690@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,
    Steve o.o.o.o.o <StevePetroski@gmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Does anybody have any info about these tweaks? I have only found
    > positive info on the web about this. But i'm looking for any negative
    > aspects to implementing these.
    >
    > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
    > Manager\Memory
    > Management]
    > "DisablePagingExecutive"=dword:00000001
    > "LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000001

    To explain what David posted, ask yourself one question.

    Do want the OS to run the OS or your applications?

    --
    Walter Clayton

    "Steve o.o.o.o.o" <StevePetroski@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Does anybody have any info about these tweaks? I have only found
    > positive info on the web about this. But i'm looking for any negative
    > aspects to implementing these.
    >
    > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
    > Manager\Memory
    > Management]
    > "DisablePagingExecutive"=dword:00000001
    > "LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000001

    Thanks. That one little sentence really sums it up for me (Do want the
    OS to run the OS or your applications?). But Davids post is the techno
    jargon I need to throw at somebody to get them off my back about this
    "tweak". In this environment with some many applications (500 diff apps
    for less then 1500 users) I think I have my answer.

    Thanks again,
    -Steve

    Steve o.o.o.o.o rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

    > Does anybody have any info about these tweaks? I have only found
    > positive info on the web about this. But i'm looking for any negative
    > aspects to implementing these.
    >
    > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
    > Manager\Memory
    > Management]
    > "DisablePagingExecutive"=dword:00000001
    > "LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000001

    I've tried them and I have a athlon xp and 1 gig of ram and didn't see any
    improvement

    Also Microsoft recommends a page file on two drives if you have 2 I did this
    and saw a great performance boost.

Configuration Microsoft Customization Memory Windows XP