Sign in with
Your question

Help weird sound problem when gaming!

Last response: in Components
November 26, 2012 2:27:24 PM

I have a Asus Xonar STX soundcard and a Sennheiser PC 360 headset.

When I am playing video games (Planetside 2, Battlefield 3) (only when gaming, Youtube, and all other browser stuff is fine) I get a weird sound problem, usually after playing for a couple minutes my sound will mess up and instead of being surround and high quality it goes low quality and does not sound surround (sorry I am a audio noob so I do not know how to describe it that good) for a few seconds or minutes, and then it will fix, and then after a few more minutes will start again.
a b 4 Gaming
November 26, 2012 6:04:57 PM

I know that BF3 has some problems with Dolby Headphone. That could be part of the problem. Haven't run into any issues like you describe...

Worst case, give the Xonar Unified Drivers a shot.
m
l
November 26, 2012 6:07:44 PM

gamerk316 said:
I know that BF3 has some problems with Dolby Headphone. That could be part of the problem. Haven't run into any issues like you describe...

Worst case, give the Xonar Unified Drivers a shot.

Thanks, but I should of listed I was just giving those as examples, it does it with all games.
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
November 26, 2012 6:42:22 PM

Sounds like a really strange driver issue then. Try the Xonar Unified Drivers and see if they act any better.
m
l
November 26, 2012 7:19:50 PM

gamerk316 said:
Sounds like a really strange driver issue then. Try the Xonar Unified Drivers and see if they act any better.

When I installed them I looked at my drivers and it said I still had the Asus ones, I tried again and the same thing.
m
l
!