Problems with cd/dvd writer

Mario051

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Hello, I've recently encountered a strage behaviour with my LaCie WriteMaster. I use it primarily to burn cd/dvd. But recently, I've been getting complaints that clients find my dvds empty. This happens mostly to windows users. Everytime I finish burning, I always check dvd if it has contents. But somehow, others (Windows users) could not read them at times. Other times, its fine. I have double checked my settings in Roxio Toast, and they appeared ok. Any suggestions on what to do?

check the drive for any firmware updates...also check for mb drivers updates...when you burn make sure your anti virus is off.
and that northing starts in the back ground..can cause data under run or buffer issues.
if your burning at max speed try slowing the drive down...it a handoff with burning disk...one or two failed disks....or a few extra min of burn time. the other side too is how old are the dvd trying to read the dvd. if they dont have the right firmwaree they might not be a be to read the media or disk. also if there standard cd-roms not dvd they wont be able to read the disks.
if a person says there disk is blanks ask them for there spec and see if it an old pc with just as cd-rom drive.

Assume you know all the compatible DVD formats (DVD-RAM, DVD-RW (using DVD-VR), and DVD+RW (using DVD+VR)) and that you and clients are using compatible media. Assume you know about finalizing DVDs.

Agree with post above about reducing the burn speed. Also consider going to different media. Are you using the verification option when you burn so that Roxio Toast compares your DVD with he original ?

Also, DVD burners are cheap and easy to swap. A new burner will set you back $20-30. ex: Optical LG 22x DVD Burner SATA Model GH22NS90B-OEM $17