Sign in with
Your question

HELP :( I updated my graphics card and now

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 22, 2012 10:21:25 PM

My games are worse than ever.

I only play The Sims 3 and expansions, and when I try to play it loads very slowly, which it never did before, and when it goes to play the actual game it either comes up with 'The Sims 3 has stopped working' or there is either a sim with their head missing/invisible/pets with eyes bulking out of their heads. Here are some photos:

Please help me. The control panel for the graphics card settings are:

Anti-Aliasing: 4X

Antistropic Filtering: 8X

Texture Filtering: Quality

Wait for vertical refresh: Off unless application specifies

Anti-Aliasing Mode: Adaptive Mulit-Sample AA

The full name of my new card: ASUS HD 6450 Silent 1GB DDR3

Old card: Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE

More about : updated graphics card

a b U Graphics card
May 22, 2012 10:30:25 PM

It is likely you have a driver problem. When you change something as integral as the GPU to one from a different manufacturer it is generally a good idea to do a reinstall of the OS and start off with the right drivers from the outset. If you were going from a NVIDIA to a NVIDIA it is more likely you may get away with it. However NVIDIA to ATI is a different story.
May 22, 2012 10:32:42 PM

What am I supposed to do? :'( 
Related resources
a c 105 U Graphics card
May 22, 2012 10:35:57 PM

really ? reinstall the opsys.......... are you nuts ?

op, you should have uninstalled the nvidia graphics driver before installing the new card. However, take the disc that came with the new card and run it......... look for the drivers and try install.........

OR........... go to windows update. bet they have something there that might fix it............ let us know how it goes.
May 22, 2012 10:37:55 PM

No I am not nuts.

Will let you know how it goes.
a c 105 U Graphics card
May 22, 2012 10:39:55 PM

2659514,5,1207440 said:
No I am not nuts.

wasn't meant for you.
May 22, 2012 10:45:28 PM

I apologise. I am just really upset right now, I waited weeks for this PC to come back and be able to play my games and this happens. :( 

I will take a look at windows update, and then try the disc. Otherwise I will take it back to the shop tomorrow.
May 22, 2012 10:45:34 PM

I apologise. I am just really upset right now, I waited weeks for this PC to come back and be able to play my games and this happens. :( 

I will take a look at windows update, and then try the disc. Otherwise I will take it back to the shop tomorrow.
!