show summary information in pop-up description

carole

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2003

How do I show the summary information in the pop-up description on a network
drive? I can see the summary information on my local drives but can't see
anything except the document type and file size on any of the network drives.

I had the same problem it was answered in a thread
"Displaying file details on networked PC"

The date was about 14/15 March - last response 17/03/2005
This is the response from Ramesh
Hi Trevor,

ToolTips do not display complete information about files that are
located on a network share:
http://www.winxptutor.com/quicktip.htm
http://groups.google.co.in/groups?selm=9opgd.724%24op3.31079%40news.xtra.co.nz

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

However, my problem related to jpeg files and I found Keith Miller's answer
addressed that

Reading the whole thread may help
--
Cheers,