What should I upgrade

infumed

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Okay, I'm going to tell you everything about my setup.

I originally bought this as a start-up for my first ever PC. I didn't have any money and I wanted my own bad, so I got this.

[strike]Original:[/strike] HP Debranded TS-0009E-AMDP909 Desktop PC

What it turned into;

Case: Antec 900
Ram: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB 1333
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze 520W
Motherboard: Foxconn 2A92
CPU: 3.2GH AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 750gb
OPD: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GSA-H60L ATA Device (Idk if its good, I can't connect it, need extensions to reach mobo and psu)
Monitor: NEC LCD72VX [Monitor] (17.1"vis, s/n 68021700NA, August 2006)
Mouse: Meduza HDST Gaming Mouse
Headset: Turtle Beach x41s

Picture of Build: The Build

Anyway, I'm getting a Credit Card soon with a 479 dollar spending limit, I need to build credit, and decided to dedicate it towards my PC.

Heres what I've planned on buying as of yet;

Monitor: Asus VH238H Black 23" Full HD HDMI LED
Cables: E-sata power and extension cable for Optical Drive.

What do you guys think I should get? I know I should upgrade my gpu, but whats the point in upgrading my GPU if I don't have a decent monitor?

EDIT: I also want to make my PC wireless (WIFI), so that I can move it upstairs and out of the living room.

Solution

NONE, buy the monitor and see how it goes.

also, the credit card. being young and inexperienced........... don't spend all you can spend ( the whole amount on the card )........ buy your monitor/pay it off on time. it's not always as easy to keep up with.
as i first read through the post "monitor" was the first thing that came to mind. i started out with a 19" crt and when I got my first lcd ( 22" ) there was a night and day difference. not just the clarity but the screen size. nothing beats real estate. the bigger the better. the rest of your system looks pretty good and wouldn't worry about anything else ( video card ) until you think you might need one..... or not.

wifi..... can't help you.

1. You assume a PCIex 16 gen 3.0 card would not work with existing 2.0 slots :non: This question gets asked very often even on Toms
2. Peeps are gaming fine with HD 6990 and a single Phenom II X4 @ 1920 x 1080 and higher: @ higher resolution the bottleneck passes back to the GPU for the vast majority of games

If u come in with wild ideas and misconceptions and expect people to hand hold you and spoon feed you, this is not the place @@

how does this fit in this post ?

infumed

Honorable
May 17, 2012

And I don't understand where you're getting me spoon feeding off people. I came here for your guys opinions, I know enough to get my own. I came on this website just twice in the past while building my computer. I normally research everything. Just like I corrected myself on the PCI-E 3.0, I researched that and realized I was incorrect. Now I come on here for a third time before I go spending 400+ dollars and all of a sudden I'm spoon feeding?

NONE, buy the monitor and see how it goes.

also, the credit card. being young and inexperienced........... don't spend all you can spend ( the whole amount on the card )........ buy your monitor/pay it off on time. it's not always as easy to keep up with.

Solution
I try and never put more on my card than i can pay off when the bill comes. large amounts it's nice to have a zero interest credit card.

you, pay as much as you can. never pay the minimum because you'll never get it paid off and the purchase will cost you more...... credit card companies like @zzoles like that.

ever see those commercials on TV where some loser sells his hair in Vegas because he gambled and lost...... or the loser who becomes a ninja and falls through the skylight ????? ........don't be an @zzole!

infumed

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Ah alright, thanks for the info. I was told by my uncle to make payment but more than the minimum. I guess thats why he has horrible credit lmao. Thank you very much. And nah, I think I'm too young to know what commercial your talking about.

Never charge more on a credit card than you can pay off monthly.
Credit cards are to be used as a convenience, don't think of it as money that you did not have before.

That being said, indeed a good way to build credit is to use a card to make smaller purchase's with, and pay the bill every month, on time, for about a year. It will start towards building you good credit history. If you misuse the card though, it will ruin your credit just as quickly.