Which mobo to choose pair with i5 2500k for gaming

Okay im confused which mobo to go.

I eyeing on this mobo

ASROCK EXTREME 3 GEN3 cause it has pcie 3.0 and it for budget gamer it is cheap.

While i saw this

ASUS Z68 V this is good mobo but expensive

Can you give me PRO AND CONS. About this two motherboards

ASROCK EXTREME3 GEN3 or ASUS Z68 V

Mainly use for gaming.

Thanks!
10 answers Last reply
More about which mobo choose pair 2500k gaming
  1. Up
  2. dagasaitim said:
    Up

Just sayin, the moderators are going to come and find you, since bumping is illegal on Tom's. To answer your question, ASRock is a pretty good company. I would make sure to get one that overclocks though.
  3. check out the gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, lots of features and overclocks well! and $89.99 at Newegg!
  4. I recently bought a 2500k and the asus p8z68 v-lx (cheaper version) i use my system primarily for gaming and i can highly recommend this board, the features you get for such a low price is amazing. People say its not so good for overclocking as the gen3 but to be honest this is rubbish for a gamer, my chip is running stable at 4.5 and it was as easy to do as can be possible. If you want to OC to the limit then you may want a GEN 3 but for gaming purposes you do not need anything more than this brilliant board.
  5. also as a second point, you will find alot of boards with z68 chipset can take a pcie3.0 card with a simple firmware upgrade
  6. the asrock extreme 3 gen 3 is your best bet. sure you could spend double the money on a motherboard, but for what purpose? money better spent elsewhere, like the graphics card.
  7. iam2thecrowe said:
    the asrock extreme 3 gen 3 is your best bet. sure you could spend double the money on a motherboard, but for what purpose? money better spent elsewhere, like the graphics card.

I find this one Asus p8z68 v le. Is this good? Much cheap than asus z68 V
  8. dagasaitim said:
    I find this one Asus p8z68 v le. Is this good? Much cheap than asus z68 V

I still favor the Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3. At least it's dual PCIe slots will work at x8 x8 while the Asus works only at 16x 4x.
    The Asrock is also cheaper in Newegg.
  9. randomkid said:
    I still favor the Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3. At least it's dual PCIe slots will work at x8 x8 while the Asus works only at 16x 4x.
    The Asrock is also cheaper in Newegg.

Thanks i will go on asrock becuase it is pcie 3.0 for future gpu upgrades
  10. I have Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 and I'm quite satisfied with it, running 2500K @ 4.3 GHz right now. It has pretty much everything I will ever need for a great price, probably the best Z68 board on the market for that money.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Asus Gaming ASrock Intel i5 Graphics