Sign in with
Your question

Weird performance after declocking my processor.

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Processors
Last response: in CPUs
November 26, 2012 6:23:31 PM

i5 3570K with GTX 660ti 8gb ram, 700watt psu

my oc was @ 4.0ghz...yea barely an overclock for this processor however i was on stock cooler and the temps were reaching past 65C so i decided to downclock.

However ever since doing so, my fps in Tf2 has been bugging. It use to never drop below 90 in heavy gun fire fights overlocked or not, now it drops to 70 sometimes..never lower than that though. main point oc or not oc, it remained 90 or above with the same. Did somehow I ruin my cpu with the overlock i never messed with the voltage or anything, i only downclocked because i was getting same performance as i was stock in tf2....plus reducing the temperatures...OR is SOURCE engine just messed up and inconsistent?

More about : weird performance declocking processor

November 26, 2012 8:08:36 PM

Did you actually under clock your processor or did you just return your bios to factory settings?

If you didn't I would recommend doing the latter and reporting back with the performance associated with it.
m
l
November 26, 2012 8:21:14 PM

back to factory speed which would be 3.4ghz.
m
l
Related resources
November 26, 2012 11:21:55 PM

So as I asked previously... what is your CPU running at now?
m
l
November 28, 2012 9:58:45 PM

3.4ghz. everything seems to be normal now, i think the fps drop is normal in 32 man servers...a lot of people reporting stable 100 fps and higjher play in 24 man servers with settings detunred a little bit.
m
l
!