OlyB123

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
Hi all, first time poster so not sure if this is the correct place to post my issue. However I have had my computer which I built about 8/9 months now and for the last month it appears to have booting issues and followed some of your "perform before posting but still no budge".

Essentially when I turn my computer on it boots up for a brief second fans spin etc. but then it stops booting. I have been trying to find people with similar issues, but have not found anyone which has the exact problem I have had. From trying to find out what it could be myself I have noticed that generally if I leave everything unplugged for a while it will work again. However today I have had no such luck. The problem usually occurs after it has been shut down for more than a few hours I have noticed and once the computer is on it seems stable.

https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/jlfns9VEimttcCXyrOM4rw,, Here is the components to my computer. Thanks for reading!

jemm

Distinguished
You do have a nice build!

The problem you´re experimenting might be related to power supply, tough Corsair is an excellent brand. Is the system overclocked?

From what you´ve described it also can be a motherboard issue, or even the memory or video card -- so you have to test all the parts.

Corsair Video FAQ: How to test a Corsair power supply http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXgQSokF4

OlyB123

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
Edit. Done it several times and it works. However I forgot to note that the power supply when unplugged makes a very high pitched frequency sound like its spinning down. Wanted to know if that was normal?

In terms of over clocking I played with the ASUS bios to optimal, but thats all I believe. Is there anyway of reseting to the BIOS to factory settings on the Mobo?

jemm

Distinguished
The sound you´ve reported doesn´t seem to be normal.

Yes, you can set the bios to its default values on the mobo. Just enter in the Bios, then go to Exit, then select "Load Setup Defaults".

OlyB123

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
I wasn't very clear I mean't on the motherboard. The computer still does not turn on the RAM and CPU light flash for a brief second but I can't believe for a second that there is a problem with both of them!

OlyB123

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
Thanks for the help Jemm, it is the power supply! I went to a friends house and used his power supply to power the computer and worked no problems. Thanks again!