Nokia Series 60 Rant (or Request)

PS: I posted this under a Reply of my post but seems like noone paid
attention. So here it is again. :)

Rant/request is:

One thing that bugs me about Series 60 nokia is I cant view my
Sim Card phonebook easily.
I have to go through a lot of menu;s or I have to copy it to phone memory.
In good old days, Nokia phones had option menu where u could select which
phone book you wanted to use. ie. SIM or Phone.

Is this possible now? Is there a third Party app.

Please let me know your views

Thanks
More about nokia series rant request

    "G" <razorphish@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > PS: I posted this under a Reply of my post but seems like noone paid
    > attention. So here it is again. :)
    >

    > Rant/request is:
    >
    > One thing that bugs me about Series 60 nokia is I cant view my
    > Sim Card phonebook easily.
    > I have to go through a lot of menu;s or I have to copy it to phone memory.
    > In good old days, Nokia phones had option menu where u could select which
    > phone book you wanted to use. ie. SIM or Phone.
    >
    > Is this possible now? Is there a third Party app.
    >
    > Please let me know your views
    >
    > Thanks

    Here you go, I am paying attention:

    Dunno if it's possible
    Dunno if there is a third Party app

    You don't mention what phone .. (series 60 covers a number of symbian based
    nokia phones)

    I've got a 6600, which works the way you describe. Unless you are moving
    your sim around, your best to copy to phone memory, and just use your sim
    memory as a backup .. sim memory is both slower, and limited in capacity and
    functionality. (sim memory doesnt have proper setups for multiple numbers
    per name, and extra info being tagged to a name, and most sim cards only
    allow for 100 entries, some even less!)

    I've yet ot get it on my phone, but the latest 6600 firmware mentions
    options for dealing with sim phone book being added, so it may well already
    be resolved.

    G wrote:

    > PS: I posted this under a Reply of my post but seems like noone paid
    > attention. So here it is again. :)
    >

    > Rant/request is:
    >
    > One thing that bugs me about Series 60 nokia is I cant view my
    > Sim Card phonebook easily.
    > I have to go through a lot of menu;s or I have to copy it to phone memory.
    > In good old days, Nokia phones had option menu where u could select which
    > phone book you wanted to use. ie. SIM or Phone.
    >
    > Is this possible now? Is there a third Party app.
    >
    > Please let me know your views
    >
    > Thanks

    I'm re-typing the replies to your earlier post (rant) here as well:

    On Series 60 phones, it's as easy as: Menu -> SIM -> SIM Directory.
    Does 3 qualify as "a lot of menus"?
    No, technically, it's 2 menus and 1 item - even less menus.

    If that's still too much trouble, add a voice command to that item (see
    p76 & p77 of the 7610 manual).

    (rude remark about laziness snipped)

Nokia Phones