  • Phones
Last response: in Brands
Share
July 22, 2004 6:05:04 PM

PS: I posted this under a Reply of my post but seems like noone paid
attention. So here it is again. :)

Rant/request is:

One thing that bugs me about Series 60 nokia is I cant view my
Sim Card phonebook easily.
I have to go through a lot of menu;s or I have to copy it to phone memory.
In good old days, Nokia phones had option menu where u could select which
phone book you wanted to use. ie. SIM or Phone.

Is this possible now? Is there a third Party app.

Please let me know your views

Thanks

More about : nokia series rant request

Anonymous
July 22, 2004 8:37:17 PM

"G" <razorphish@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> PS: I posted this under a Reply of my post but seems like noone paid
> attention. So here it is again. :)
>

> Rant/request is:
>
> One thing that bugs me about Series 60 nokia is I cant view my
> Sim Card phonebook easily.
> I have to go through a lot of menu;s or I have to copy it to phone memory.
> In good old days, Nokia phones had option menu where u could select which
> phone book you wanted to use. ie. SIM or Phone.
>
> Is this possible now? Is there a third Party app.
>
> Please let me know your views
>
> Thanks

Here you go, I am paying attention:

Dunno if it's possible
Dunno if there is a third Party app
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 11:03:05 PM

You don't mention what phone .. (series 60 covers a number of symbian based
nokia phones)

I've got a 6600, which works the way you describe. Unless you are moving
your sim around, your best to copy to phone memory, and just use your sim
memory as a backup .. sim memory is both slower, and limited in capacity and
functionality. (sim memory doesnt have proper setups for multiple numbers
per name, and extra info being tagged to a name, and most sim cards only
allow for 100 entries, some even less!)

I've yet ot get it on my phone, but the latest 6600 firmware mentions
options for dealing with sim phone book being added, so it may well already
be resolved.

"G" <razorphish@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> PS: I posted this under a Reply of my post but seems like noone paid
> attention. So here it is again. :)
>

> Rant/request is:
>
> One thing that bugs me about Series 60 nokia is I cant view my
> Sim Card phonebook easily.
> I have to go through a lot of menu;s or I have to copy it to phone memory.
> In good old days, Nokia phones had option menu where u could select which
> phone book you wanted to use. ie. SIM or Phone.
>
> Is this possible now? Is there a third Party app.
>
> Please let me know your views
>
> Thanks

July 27, 2004 7:21:08 PM

G wrote:

> PS: I posted this under a Reply of my post but seems like noone paid
> attention. So here it is again. :)
>

> Rant/request is:
>
> One thing that bugs me about Series 60 nokia is I cant view my
> Sim Card phonebook easily.
> I have to go through a lot of menu;s or I have to copy it to phone memory.
> In good old days, Nokia phones had option menu where u could select which
> phone book you wanted to use. ie. SIM or Phone.
>
> Is this possible now? Is there a third Party app.
>
> Please let me know your views
>
> Thanks

I'm re-typing the replies to your earlier post (rant) here as well:

On Series 60 phones, it's as easy as: Menu -> SIM -> SIM Directory.
Does 3 qualify as "a lot of menus"?
No, technically, it's 2 menus and 1 item - even less menus.

If that's still too much trouble, add a voice command to that item (see
p76 & p77 of the 7610 manual).

(rude remark about laziness snipped)
!