ASUS GTX 670 DCII Top Temp Problems?

simmy2109

Honorable
May 17, 2012
OKay... So I've been hearing some really great things about ASUS's GTX 670 DCII Top graphics card. Tech Power Up (a site I believe to be somewhat reputable) have the card a perfect score of 10, something they admit that they've never given to any other graphics card. It looks pretty amazing. However, the naysayers complain about the temperature profile of the card. True, the card can get up to 76 degrees (according to Tech's review) once OC'd and under load while other GTX 670 models can do this at temperatures closer to 55-60 (Gigabyte's Windforce for instance). However, does this temperature difference really matter? As long as neither card is breaking into the 85-90 degree range, the temperature profile shouldn't really matter right? What do you guys think?

ohyouknow

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
MSI afterburner has a nice fan profile you can setup for your graphics card. Download that. Haven't overclocked my card but my profile goes 1% fan speed per 1C above 40C. Top out at 61-63C on my 680 reference design. Temps going up here as well for summer.

Take a proactive approach to this problem so you don't worry about it. . ASUS has software program as well. Use it so you can manage your own temps.