1st build - need help.

Hello, i'm looking for help to know is my parts fits, i have already looked at some parts, but some of them i'm not sure about if it should be the 1. or 2. part. I know that is should post the price and how much i have, but i live in Denmark and it's in dkk and the different taxes from dk to us, but about the cost these parts cost.

Caseing: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3
Cpu:Intel Core i5 2500K Sandy Bridge
or
Cpu: Intel Core i5 3570K Ivy Bridge
Grapic card: XFX Radeon HD7950 Double (3 GB)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x4)
Ssd: Samsung 830 Series MZ-7PC128B 128GB SSD
or
Ssd: Corsair Force Series 3 120GB SSD
Sata hdd: Western Digital Caviar Green - 2 TB
Psu: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2
or
Psu: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W
Cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 412S
or
Cpu cooler: Corsair H60 Hydro Series

I need the computer for gaming, game recording (thats why so big Hdd), and video editing.
11 answers Last reply
More about build help
  1. Samsung 830 is better. The Force series 3 is not as reliable or fast. The TX650 V2 is better as well. but 550W is the max you will need. With that Z68 board, your only option is the 2500k as the 3570k won't work with it out of the box.
  2. Thx, about the Ssd one the website it says that the Force series 3 was a bit faster, but i was still not sure. Abot the Psu can i then still get a later crossfire with the 550W? If so can i maby get some help to find silent one? So if i want to have the 3570k what Motherboard can be recommended then?
  3. the two cpu posted are going to run about the same in aps and in games. the ib will be a little faster but not much. the ib will run cooler at stock speeds as it a lower wattage chip. as your going to do video editing stay with the samsung or intel ssd.
    they may cost a few bucks more but i find they have better firmware. the drive work out of the box and work well for a long time. i would up your power supply to a 750w unit the video card uses 340 watts if fully loaded or about 28 amps
    http://www.techspot.com/review/496-amd-radeon-7950/page9.html
    having a slightly bigger power supply will give the unit some head room when it ages. you also dont want to push a power supply over 80 percent of it rated load... if your not going to over clock the cpu then a standard air cooler that you have listed will be fine. the hard drive switch it to the black line...has a longer warrnaty then the green line.
  4. Denmark <3

Anyway 550W is to little for a crossfire setup, for a crossfire setup I would go with atlest 700W depending on what grapic card you pick
  5. the 68 board all it needs is to have the bios be updated from the vendor before you get it or your local shop flash it for you. if not just get a z77 of the same model. the price should be the same. if your going ot crossfire two 7000x cards you want a large power supply 800w-1000w. as each card if they max out pull 680w or about 50amps.
  6. Are you going to overclock? If not the K-series CPU is a waste of money..

As smorizio said, the motherboard you pick will need a bios update to support the Intel Core i5 3570K Ivy Bridge , and knowing Denmark, i dont think you can get your vendor to update it without paying to much for it. I would pick a motherboard using the z77 chipset
  7. i'm going to overclock it, and just found a 77 motherboard for like 10$ more so...
  8. You never mentioned you will CF/SLI. I always assume when someone doesn't specify, they won't be CF/SLIng.
  9. as a start i will not, but it could happen later. And does this sound fine as a 2. motherboard option? ASUS P8Z77-V LX
  10. just found a new bigger and cheaper Psu Corsair Gaming Series GS800, i have read a review of it, but will still as you guys. Can i use every Psu in my pc as long as it's big enough? and are there any downsides of this Psu that you know about.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product