My use: Mainly WoW, some streaming DL. hopefully some future upload streaming.
My current system:
I7-930 o.c. to 3.7ghz
Asus P6T SE mobo (no lsi compatibility)
Corsair H50 cooler.
12 gb gskill ram
Nvidia gtx 470 vc
Win 7 oem 64 bit os
My issues: In large raids of WPVP of 40 + with ventrillo, fighting 40+ opponents, HUGE lag.
Recent BSOD's in solo or parties up to 10 man. I never had these issues before.
In arena or RBG battles my max fps tends to be 40-60fps on high but not ultra settings. 1920x resolution
I really don't want to build a complete new system.
I do want to upgrade my cpu at least.
Now where will I see the best value? Please correct me if I am wrong anywhere;
1. Can I simply change out cpu's to a 2500k with this mobo, doing nothing else? In the back of my mind it seems I wouldnt have the simpler overclocking options of the newer boards amiright?
2. I'd like the ability to OC simply with the newer stuff over the last cpl years. I'd like to be over 4.2ghz in the end.
3. Both the 2500k and the 3570k are priced the same.
4. Better deals seem to be easier to find for the LGA 1155's vs the LGA 2011 mobo's.
5. I want to be able to SLI, even if I can't afford it just yet.
6. With either chip, if I keep my SSD and HD's (raid 0) will I need to do anything beyond "parts swapping" to be up and running? I'm unfamiliar with replacing mobo/cpu, as my above system was my first build from scratch.
Thanks for all your guidance and suggestions!
*I know I'm a little late, was thinking about cyber Monday deals.