Tiny green dots and dashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubman

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
I've recently started having an issue with my computer. When I have a darker colored image on my screen I can see tiny green dots and dashes flickering around, and sometimes my monitor turns off and back on. After doing some research I concluded this was probably my video card, and ordered a new one. (both 6950 2gb) The problem continued with another card. I've replaced all of the cables, ran memtest86+, ran stress tests on my CPU, and video card. None of the stress tests seemed to make the issue worse, and my CPU (I5 2500k) never went above 59°C. My GPU only hit 60°C. When I tried to take a screenshot I found that the artifacts did not show up in the image, though I could see the "real time" dots on the screen.

My question is: Could all of this simply be my LCD monitor? I would try another one, but I simply don't have access to one at this time.

bubman

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011

Thanks, I ran occt and received no errors. I'm going to pick up another monitor today, and since I still have both 6950's guess I'm also going CrossFire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS