Sign in with
Your question

Ok so my pc keeps crashing

Last response: in Systems
July 16, 2012 3:10:27 PM

I tought my cpu was too powerful for my psu to handle so i got this Cooler Master GX- series 600W but it still keeps crashing

specs:
Cooler Master GX- series 600W
AMD PHENOM II X4 965 125W BLACK EDITION
some *** gpu, 2 gb 1333 ram and 160 hdd

help asap

More about : crashing

July 16, 2012 4:20:29 PM

dolanpls said:
I tought my cpu was too powerful for my psu to handle so i got this Cooler Master GX- series 600W but it still keeps crashing

specs:
Cooler Master GX- series 600W
AMD PHENOM II X4 965 125W BLACK EDITION
some *** gpu, 2 gb 1333 ram and 160 hdd

help asap

define crashing with a little more detail please
July 16, 2012 4:35:16 PM

pc shuts off
Related resources
July 16, 2012 4:40:19 PM

Sounds more like something's overheating.
a b à CPUs
July 16, 2012 4:44:41 PM

Is this a new build, or has it been running for some time, and has just started crashing? Check your temps. What are you doing when it shuts off? What video card do you have, and are your drivers up to date. Is there anything in the logs?
July 16, 2012 4:45:59 PM

ibemad said:
Sounds more like something's overheating.

yea could it be thermal paste or whatever its called?
July 16, 2012 4:47:51 PM

ss202sl said:
Is this a new build, or has it been running for some time, and has just started crashing? Check your temps. What are you doing when it shuts off? What video card do you have, and are your drivers up to date. Is there anything in the logs?

got a new mobo, cpu and psu
started crashing since from new cpu
temps are fine
im usually in a game, goes for like 5 mins and crashes
amd radeon hd 5450, drivers up to date
July 16, 2012 5:17:16 PM

It sounds to me like maybe your Windows is corrupt. Did you re-install Windows when you changed the mb. Windows will work like that, but there are so many conflicts from old drivers in the registry that it will never be happy. Read this to try to repair the Window install or backup and install fresh windows 7.
PC World (USA) WIndows Fixes - February 2012

P.S. You are not giving us anywhere near enough info to help you.
Our guesses will probably do more harm than good.
We need every exact part in your system, what OS are you using, what drivers, what peripherals, everything. A typical diagnostic tech report is pages long.
Control Panel>Performance>Advanced tools> System info will generate a report.
Try the Health Report and the Event Log on the same screen as well
July 16, 2012 8:56:27 PM

JoeMomma said:
It sounds to me like maybe your Windows is corrupt. Did you re-install Windows when you changed the mb. Windows will work like that, but there are so many conflicts from old drivers in the registry that it will never be happy. Read this to try to repair the Window install or backup and install fresh windows 7.

We need every exact part in your system, what OS are you using, what drivers, what peripherals, everything. A typical diagnostic tech report is pages long.

i didnt reinstall os, maybe tahts the problem, i really hope so but i cant connect my cd-rom to mobo so i can reinstall lmao. plus my os isnt in english so i cant find that system info in control panel

can u check my mainboards connectors cus i dont have the tall thin connector in my mobo for cd-rom
July 16, 2012 9:04:02 PM

JoeMomma said:

it jsut happened again, i have this EPU-4 engine that allows me to maximize performance or max power save. i ran tf2 on max power save and it was ok untill i switched to max performance 5-7 mins and it crashes

but it just doesnt make sense, i got new psu which is more than enough to handle this phenom x4, maybe i need some thermal paste? :D  i had some when i bought it (3-4 days ago)
!