Newbie post! 6230; CSP; re-flash?

Hi all,

this is my first post, but I've already found out loads of info from
this group.

I have a n 6230 on vodafone, which I remotely unlocked to allow me to
dual sim it with my work orange sim. All works fine.

I've recently added line 2 to my orange sim, to take advantage of the
corporate rate for daytime calls.

However, the line 2 function will not work (as the phone was
originally voda supplied) I understand that this is because CSP
(custom SIM profile???) is not enabled on the phone.

Spoke to my local nokia service centre, who said that they could
re-flash the phone with orange software (FOC!). (it currently has
release 3.15)

While I don't have a problem with this in principle, will it create
any problems for the vodafone SIM?

Will it re-lock the phone, to orange this time, and if so I assume
i'll have to buy a new unlock code, as the old one was a voda unlock??

Are there any other solutions that anyone is aware of?

Thanks all
PhilipS
2 answers Last reply
More about newbie post 6230 flash

    On 22 Jul 2004 08:49:52 -0700, list@pks1.freeserve.co.uk (PhilipS)
    wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >this is my first post, but I've already found out loads of info from
    >this group.
    >
    >I have a n 6230 on vodafone, which I remotely unlocked to allow me to
    >dual sim it with my work orange sim. All works fine.
    >
    >I've recently added line 2 to my orange sim, to take advantage of the
    >corporate rate for daytime calls.
    >
    >However, the line 2 function will not work (as the phone was
    >originally voda supplied) I understand that this is because CSP
    >(custom SIM profile???) is not enabled on the phone.
    >
    >Spoke to my local nokia service centre, who said that they could
    >re-flash the phone with orange software (FOC!). (it currently has
    >release 3.15)
    >
    >While I don't have a problem with this in principle, will it create
    >any problems for the vodafone SIM?
    >
    >Will it re-lock the phone, to orange this time, and if so I assume
    >i'll have to buy a new unlock code, as the old one was a voda unlock??
    >
    >Are there any other solutions that anyone is aware of?

    Sorry I don't know the answer to your questions, but which type of
    dual SIM holder did you get and where from?
    TIA
    --
    Munch

    Munch <dlsSPAMLESS@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:<s5vvf01h7k36ksqfur9hh7io8d0htta6j1@4ax.com>...

    > Sorry I don't know the answer to your questions, but which type of
    > dual SIM holder did you get and where from?
    > TIA

    Hi, I got a ghost sim from mobileplace.co.uk for £12.50 +P&P. It
    seems to work okay, although as with (all?) of these type things it
    will occassionally switch on its own or lock up. PhilipS

Nokia Phones