Projektrev

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Hey all. I don't know anything about audio, so my apologizes if this all sounds very stupid which it could. I have an Asus G74sx running Win7. Can't find much about my soundcard in Device manage. It says online that I should have EAX Advanced HD 5.0 but all I get in the Device manage is "Realtek High definition audio" and like 5 "Nvidia High definition audio". So not sure what soundcard I have :??: Anyway I've had the Planetronics Gamecom 777. The plastic is starting to break and I want a new headset and I think I've decided on the Razer Tiamat 2.2 (not sure if its out? I can't find it anywhere online instock except for the actual razer site.) So, to my understanding it won't work will with my laptop if I don't get an outboard soundcard. Lurking online I've found This: http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Soundblaster-Surround-System-SB1095/dp/B0044DEDCA and this: http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Soundblaster-Audio-System-SB1290/dp/B0044DEDC0/ref=pd_sim_e_1 not sure which would work well/best to run a good headset. Basically how can I get a good headset (something like the tiamat 2.2, etc.) on my Asus G74sx? Really sorry if this all sounds very stupid, I'm very confused and don't know much about audio. Thanks

EDIT: Also, very sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Projektrev

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

Alright, Thanks. How would I set it manually? Also, would either of those work on my pc? What about if I get a 5.1/7.1 surround sound headset? I have a 5.1 usb plugin (I think) that came with my Gamecom 777 I think. Thank you!

popatim

Titan
a good quality pair of 2ch headphones will sound better than the 5.1's or the 7.1's imo.
Most of the surround sound ones come with their usb soundcard so you wont need the one you have.

setting the audio mode is in the audio properties > speaker settings
I think you rt click the speaker icon and you'll see audio properties as on of the options.

Projektrev

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

Oh ok. I'll look into it. Thank you! :D