HTPC Case - Need replacement Power Supply

I'm getting ready to overhaul my Media Center HTPC. It's currently running a Zotac IONITX motherboard with an external laptop style power supply. I'm considering rebuilding it with an Intel i3-3220T in a Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard.

The case is a standard ATX Ahanix D.Vine HTPC case. The power supply that came with the case is an Ahanix HTPC series 200 Watt Power Supply. I'm not sure if the size is a standard. It's about 2.5 inches tall, 5 inches wide and 5 1/4" deep. It says "ATX 2.03 Compliant" on it.

Since I've been using the Ion ITX Motherboard with the external power supply for several years, I haven't had to use this one, but I seem to recall it was acting flakey when I was using it. However, that was running a P4 mobo, 3.2 Ghz Proc, and a couple of hard drives, so I might have just been over taxing it. This envisioned system should be a much lower wattage build than the last time I used this PSU.

So I guess I have a couple of questions... assuming that this power supply is still good, will it work with the Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard with the i3-3220T proc, or is this ATX 2.03 outdated? From what I read, this motherboard might have either a 4 pin or 8 pin ATX 12 V connector depending on the revision. This PSU only has a 4 pin connector. The PSU says +3.3V - 28A, +5V - 30A, +12V CPU - 15A, +12V I/O - N/A, -12 V 0.8A, -5V - 0.3A, +5Vsb - 2.0A, 3.3V +5V - 200W.

If I do need to replace the PSU, is this size a standard of any sort? It seems to be about half the size of a normal PC PSU.

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about htpc case replacement power supply
  1. I'm going to answer my own question, in case anyone else stumbles across this while searching for information. After doing quite a bit of research, I found a power supply with the same dimensions as the one that came in the D.Vine HTPC Case. It is the SPARKLE FSP350-60GNV.

I ended up going with an ASUS P8Z77-M Micro ATX motherboard with an Intel i3-3225 proc. I haven't replaced the power supply yet, but I think I'm going to. The power supply that came with the case (described in the original post) works, but it's been randomly rebooting once a day or so, and I suspect the power supply is the culprit. That is similar to what I recall it doing the last time I used it.

I'll post an update on here once I do replace it as to whether it resolved the random reboot issues I've been having.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Motherboards Components