Building a computer, need some assitance :)

haribo

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
Hi everyone, i've been browsing this forum recently and have found soloutions to alot of my problems, so i was wondering if you all could help me with this, im purchasing the items today to make myself a new computer (my first one).

I just wanted to put the list down below of all the components that i am using and would like your expertise to see if they work together. (Im taking the cpu out of my other dell computer and i've checked with the motherboard to see its compatability, also ill be taking the 2x4gb chips of ram out. Another question i might add as well is do i get all the wires that i need with the products so that i can connec them to the motherboard, thanks in advance and sorry if this was quite long to read :p

So the list is -
Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 Socket 1155
A Intel Ivy Bridge 3770 cpu
OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD - SATA-III
OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular PSU
Nvidia 560ti from Gigabyte
LG CH10LS28 SATA Blu-Ray Optical Drive
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium w/SP1 (64 bit oem version)

xmetallik

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
everything looks fine. you should get the SATA cables for your hard drves and optical drives with you motherboard. you usualy only get two. that should be fine for you since you only have a SSD and no storage drive but if its not out of you budget I would reccomonend a storage drive, even only 500GB because a 120GB SSD fills up really quickly, or maybe you are getting one just forgot to write it down

haribo

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
ahh well i have a 1tb hard drive in my old computer which i can format and take out, just want to make sure i have all the required cabels before i place the order, since im going to be reading a manual lol! Also going to be using a NZXT Phantom 410 case so im guessing the motherboard shall fit?

I love this forum, has some great people with a wide knowledge :p

Uther39

Distinguished

Yes it will fit just fine.

haribo

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
thanks for the information, both of you, i shall be sure to come back tommorrow if i need help with setting my motherboard up :p

moon02

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
I think you should go with the latest generation of cards. Either wait for GTX 660 this August or go for a HD 7850 -Less power, less noise, and cooler than 560 ti.

Almost same price point.

haribo

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
yeah that is a good idea, however i have already got the 560ti so ill wait till i have enough money then might invest in a 670 etc

TRENDING THREADS