Your question

Is this pc any good for gaming?

Last response: in Systems
July 16, 2012 6:31:45 PM

TWIN (2x) Intel Xeon 3.0Ghz so 6.0 GHz
4 GB RAM
160GB SATA Hard Drive
XFX ATI HD5450 1GB GDDR3

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-Dual-Xeon-6-0Ghz-64-Bit-Ga...

More about : good gaming

a b 4 Gaming
a b å Intel
July 16, 2012 6:35:54 PM

It's NOT 6Ghz, that's just BS from the seller. It's 3Ghz for each chip, that DOESN'T add up to 6Ghz total.

Now, to the question. The CPU's should be decent enough, albeit older, but the GPU is low-end and not at all suitable for much gaming.

Also, 4GB of RAM is on the edge of acceptable. I would expect much more from a dual Xeon system.
a b 4 Gaming
July 16, 2012 6:39:00 PM

lol, NO. For the reason DJ pointed out, but also the fact that again as DJ pointed out there is clear deception in the listing. Even newer models, the Xeon CPUs are really not meant for gaming systems anyway.
Related resources
July 16, 2012 6:43:19 PM

Not sure server CPUs are made for gaming, but you could game anyway but on most games 2-4 cores will only be used and the rest will be doing nothing, and the other CPU would be doing nothing.

The price is good for that machine.

Are you going to do anything else other than gaming?

And are you on a budget?
a b 4 Gaming
July 16, 2012 6:50:29 PM

no, teh hd 5450(the x450 series in general) are low power consumption(possibly some of the lowest) and isnt built for gaming much. its only a tad bit better than intel HD 3000 iirc
a b 4 Gaming
July 16, 2012 7:08:16 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
October 26, 2012 11:17:06 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
It's NOT 6Ghz, that's just BS from the seller. It's 3Ghz for each chip, that DOESN'T add up to 6Ghz total.

Now, to the question. The CPU's should be decent enough, albeit older, but the GPU is low-end and not at all suitable for much gaming.

Also, 4GB of RAM is on the edge of acceptable. I would expect much more from a dual Xeon system.

Listen mate u seem to know ur stuff, I am 44 on a very limited budget but need a PC that is gonna play the games I want to play. (avid gamer in yrs gone by. Bin married for 12yrs so no playee gamee! just divorced (hence low budget) and really looking forward to playing games like the latest version of Tribes, and so many others!). I am getting totally bamboozled by the conflicting advice, buy off the shelf, get a custom build, half the off the shelf machines have different reviews for the same model or different spec according to the site you are on! I am sure you dont have time but I would love to know wat u wood recomend. I only really need a tower, but with the best CPU, GPU, Ram and hard-drive configuration and as plug and play as possible. If u find time to do that it wood be greatly appreciated. Cheers stuartdequincy@gmail.com
October 27, 2012 3:17:21 AM

Yee Haa said:
Listen mate u seem to know ur stuff, I am 44 on a very limited budget but need a PC that is gonna play the games I want to play. (avid gamer in yrs gone by. Bin married for 12yrs so no playee gamee! just divorced (hence low budget) and really looking forward to playing games like the latest version of Tribes, and so many others!). I am getting totally bamboozled by the conflicting advice, buy off the shelf, get a custom build, half the off the shelf machines have different reviews for the same model or different spec according to the site you are on! I am sure you dont have time but I would love to know wat u wood recomend. I only really need a tower, but with the best CPU, GPU, Ram and hard-drive configuration and as plug and play as possible. If u find time to do that it wood be greatly appreciated. Cheers stuartdequincy@gmail.com

Whats your budget?
!