Huge Headache please help UPDATED A Torjan need more help please

jeff1304

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
Well to begin with my system shut it self down this morning randomly without me doing anything which is odd because I have autoupdate turned off. Then it would not turn back on did some looking around and the motherboard read my hard drives as sata but bios said they were ide. Moved my harddrives from my sata 6gbs to my standard sata and now it boots. But my new issue is that I cant lanuch anything nothing at all I was able to get to device manager though using a cmd in the search box and everything is recongised but i have like 6 copies of certain things in there which is really weird. I tried using a system repair disk to repair to a previous point and that didnt work and also did a startup scan and it found nothing.

What does this sound like to all of you ? Also there is no weird process running.

System is
Core i7 920 4ghz
12gb ddr3 1600 ram
a western digital 1 tb drive and a velcioraptor 600gb drive
evga gtx580
asus P6X58D premium
CORSAIR Professional Series HX850
Creative Sound card.
logitech G13
Logitech G110

Any input or questions would be great.

Thank You

jeff1304

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
Ok well I guess I will run a check memory with my repair disk after I scan it with malwarebytes. I sure hope its not my powersupply because I have CORSAIR Professional Series HX850.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Doesn't matter ive seen good ones fail after a year, just because they are a good brand doesn't mean its impossible for it to go bad. It's just less likely to happen percentage wise than other cheaper brands.

jeff1304

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
well so far i havent been able to run any .exe other than teamspeak oddly. and microsoft secuirty scanner I couldnt get malware bytes to work. This is starting to feel like a virus.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Download a bootable cd called hirens boot cd.

Found here direct link to zip:
http://www.hirensbootcd.org/files/Hirens.BootCD.15.1.zip

Website about is here:
http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd

What your going to want to do is burn this on a CD when you extract it, its in .ISO format and you can burn using imgburn or windows built in .ISO burner.

Then your going to restart the computer and boot off the disc, when you boot the disc your going to want to select boot mini windows xp.

Once your in mini windows xp run superantispyware / malwarebytes / spybot s&d.

Reboot the computer and scan again using these tools because you should be able to boot once again.

Hopefully this solves your problem and if you have any questions about what to do inside mini windows xp i can help you.

jeff1304

Distinguished
May 9, 2008

it wont let me downlaod it everytime i click to download it directs me back to the same download page.

nvm i was able to dl it with another browser

but it wont let me open malwarebytes in minixp

spybot found nothing

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009

Dogsnake

Distinguished
You may want to consider a clean install. If it was me and I had the multiple and serious symptoms you are experiencing, I would just "bite the bullet" back up your data, assemble your drivers, back up your address book, pics., music and other stuff then format and install. If you are infected, many times the fixes disable the infection but leave remnants behind. I would rather put in the time and effort to clean install than to not be sure my system was secure.

G

Try clicking on this link http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm download exe file association fix right click on the file and select merge. See if you can run any of you tools after. Not sure if the xp will work on your os. Google exe reg fix for your os