Sign in with
Your question

Dedicated PhysX card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 23, 2012 1:06:53 PM

I have recently purchased two Evga GTX 560 Ti 448 Ultra's and want to run a separate card for physx. Would a GT 440 be good enough for running physx? If now what would be a good card to do so?

More about : dedicated physx card

a c 216 U Graphics card
May 23, 2012 1:18:42 PM

No, and it really isn't worth having a dedicated PhysX card. You are better off spending the money you'd spend on the dedicated card towards better main cards. It is rare a game uses GPU accelerated PhysX. Most PhysX games just use the CPU anyways, though games like Batman and Mafia II do use the GPU. In almost all the cases where the GPU is used, your two 560 ti's should be enough to run it with great settings.

Now, some of those games do ask for a dedicated card for the highest settings of PhysX, and they recommend at least a GTX 260, which is stronger than a 440. You'd be best off just turning off SLI and using one of the 560 ti's for the dedicated card when you run into that situation or get something stronger than a 440.
m
l
May 23, 2012 2:24:43 PM

And for once you didn't answer my question! I am asking if it is a good "enough" card to run PhysX. I don't want to hear about it not being a good idea to run a dedicated card I just wanted to know if it was a good enough card! Plus I have two 560's in SLI and I WANT a dedicated card so....
m
l
Related resources
a c 216 U Graphics card
May 23, 2012 2:36:44 PM

badoosh said:
And for once you didn't answer my question! I am asking if it is a good "enough" card to run PhysX. I don't want to hear about it not being a good idea to run a dedicated card I just wanted to know if it was a good enough card! Plus I have two 560's in SLI and I WANT a dedicated card so....

Did you read the 2nd paragraph?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 23, 2012 4:03:18 PM

Yes it will be fine not the best for the highest settings.. Now with that said don't do it waste of power and like by said you current cards can handle it better.

Thent
m
l
!