Is EVGA Gtx 680 SuperClocked worth it?

badr22

Honorable
May 10, 2012
hello Tomshardware users,

Yesterday i bought a gtx 680 evga SC(not +) from a store for 549$, they only had 1 superclocked and one regular (529$), and they had a gtx 670 Gigabyte for 429$, the reason i posted this thread because im confused should i return the SC version and get the regular one because i heard it had stability issues,

whatsoeever im confused should i return it or not, i really dont know what to do and money isnt an issue, what do you think i should do, i know the sc is not much of an overclock but oh well.

and thanks for your time.

badr22

Honorable
May 10, 2012

thanks for the reply, but RMA is a big hassle for me, and shipping to there place well at least cost 100$, so thats why im a bit paranoid about the sc.

I don't really understand EVGA's marketing with those SC and SOC cards(or any other companies O.C. versions).What I hear good about them though is that they bin chips for their cards.Which is good for O.C.ing.My only problem with EVGA is that they don't use very good heatsinks.That's why I would suggest returning it and going for another card just based on the heatsink alone.

What other versions of the GTX680 are available for you?

Don't go for the base model.Go for an aftermarket solution.If your buying a top of the line card like the GTX680 it's really something you should look into.Even if your not O.C.ing the aftermarket heatsink will extend the lifespan by keeping it cooler and it will be much quiter.

Just out of curiosity what are the rest of your system specs?(CPU,RAM.etc.)

badr22

Honorable
May 10, 2012

i have

CPU i5 3570k
MOBO Asus z77 Pro
Ram 8GB Corsair 1600
SSD SAMSUNG 830 256GB
1tb Black

but i read good reviews about the base model in newegg!

badr22

Honorable
May 10, 2012

You know what, i well be keeping the sc its really hard to find and can i sli it with a regular 680