Review My new Gaming rig.

elramster

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
These are the parts I've selected for a computer i'll be building very soon.

Uses: Gaming, Gaming, Gaming, and lets not forget, Gaming!

CPU: i5 2500k

GPU: Galaxy GTX 560 Ti

MoBo: ASUS P8Z68 V LX (Or V LE)

HDD: OCZ Technology Agility 3 SSD

HDD 2: Western Digital Caviar Blue Hard Drive - 500GB

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sports RAM - 8GB

PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w

CPU COOLER: CM Hyper 212 Plus CPU cooler

CASE: CM 690 II Advanced

DVD/Blu-Ray: Plain old DVD drive.

Wireless: TP-Link PCIe Wireless Card

So whaddya think? Also, what kind of performance should I expect from this rig in terms of playing what games at what settings, etc.

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
You'll be able to play most games with high settings, but won't be able to max out the more demanding modern games.

The build itself looks decent, but if the only thing you care about is gaming, you can save some money downgrading to i5-2400, 4gb RAM, 500W PSU, and ditch the cpu cooler. You can spend that money on upgrading the 560 ti, which will overall increase gaming performance at the same cost.

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
I would lose the SSD and get cheaper RAM and likely a cheaper mobo. Money saved then allows a better Graphics card. You can always get an SSD later. Buy one now and load levels fast but a better GPU now and get better FPS..... depends which you want.

g-unit1111

Titan

I agree with this - especially when OCZ has a really iffy reputation in the SSD department. Even their new Vertex 4 has driver issues.

It'd be better to get a Radeon 7850 over a 560TI - you'll get far more horsepower that way.