Closed

Need help

:)

Can i run my Ati radeon hd 6750 1gb ddr5 graphics card on frontech 450watt psu?

need help.

I will upgrade my psu later but i dont have money to replace it, so pls help?

i am giving a link from where you can see my psu.

here is my link:

http://www.letsbuy.com/frontech-2414-smps-p4-450watts-ft--p-28109

Pls help.
24 answers Last reply
More about need help
  1. Yes, you can, but I don't know if that PSU has a PCIe power connector and if not,you would need to be an adapter with two molex female plugs and one PCIe six pin male plug.
  2. 1 of my friend is using this psu with Ati radeon hd 6670 1gb ddr5 graphics card.
    His card is performing quite well.

But i am a bit scared using with mine.
  3. And 1 more thing my cpu cover is very much heating when i play games for only 1 hr, why it is happening?
    pls tell.
  4. Pls reply?
  5. aniket1097 said:
    1 of my friend is using this psu with Ati radeon hd 6670 1gb ddr5 graphics card.
    His card is performing quite well.

But i am a bit scared using with mine.

There's nothing wrong with using a 450w PSU to power a Radeon 6770. However, since I do not know the age of it although I assume it's far from being new, I can say that you might want to replace it, even if it's only with another 450w. PSUs degrade over time and that's not good when you upgrade a computer with an older PSU.
  6. aniket1097 said:
    And 1 more thing my cpu cover is very much heating when i play games for only 1 hr, why it is happening?
    pls tell.

It is probably dusty and needs to be cleaned.
  7. ok, thanks and can i know my gpu and cpu temperature when i paly games?
    Pls suggest.
  8. You could get a few temperature monitoring programs, but I don't think that it would be too important, so long as it feels cooler to the touch once it's been cleaned.
  9. Thanks for your support.
  10. aniket1097 said:
    ok, thanks and can i know my gpu and cpu temperature when i paly games?
    Pls suggest.

I think that psu is came with along the cabinet made by the same manufacturer. for the heat your case is very boxed and closed there is only one air went that is in rear of the case.If you want to use graphic card then replace the cabinet for better air flow if budget problem then find cm elite 371 cabinet in local store its pretty good cabinet for budget users.

and the psu is a crap it will reduces the motherboard and graphic card performance. if you are time is bad then it will blow. so don't use that graphic card with frontech psu. in future upgrade buy seasonic,corsair,xfx or antec psu not from intex,frontech,mercury,iball, and coolermaster.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Cooler-Master-Elite-371-Mid-Tower-ATX-Case-RC-371-KKN1-/270979322068?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item3f17a050d4#ht_2415wt_905

don't be afraid by the ebay price i just linked to show the picture of the cabinet actual street price is 1900/- INR

and if you use only amd 6770 or6750 then this psu you should buy

http://www.ebay.in/itm/SeaSonic-S12II-520-520W-80-PLUS-BRONZE-Certified-Power-Supply-/270852054204?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item3f100a5cbc#ht_2560wt_905

:sol: :sol: :sol:

and for the heat problem after buying the cooler master cabinet you have to buy these fans

http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-90-cfm-led/p/itmd7fst5ymetrve?pid=COLD7FSTDAJCHHJA&ref=6f8506ca-24f0-44cb-9c4b-ec8d6081287b

then you will have no heat problem and no fear about PSU-GPU.
  11. PSUs don't affect performance, so saying that it would decrease performance compared to the same system with a better PSU is absolutely wrong. Otherwise, you have good points.
  12. Ok thanx for the help...
    :p
  13. Is there any psu under 1800 which i can use with my card?
  14. aniket1097 said:
    Is there any psu under 1800 which i can use with my card?

Under 1800 what?
  15. Within Rs.1800 is there any psu.
  16. aniket1097 said:
    Within Rs.1800 is there any psu.

Sorry, I don't know the exchange rate between USD $ and rs and even if I did, I'm not sure of prices in your country. It shouldn't be expensive at all. I do know that a PSU that could do this in the USA would cost around $40 to $50.
  17. blazorthon said:
    PSUs don't affect performance, so saying that it would decrease performance compared to the same system with a better PSU is absolutely wrong. Otherwise, you have good points.

if u don't eat food full. then you will be weak. the weakness doesn't shows immediately but going on improper diet every day for a year you will be very weak and your health is vulnerable. it is applicable to the psu and mobo too.

do want to know how.

as i mentioned the random below $20 psu's (iball,etc.,) are actually supplies only 280 to 320 watt but labels as 450 or 600 watt. when he plays games for more than 1 hour the problems starts. the psu pulls from the source more current. and fails to deliver the required wattage. so the mobo will struggles to supply the demand. this leads to hardware failure.

hope u understood.

:kaola: :kaola: :kaola:
  18. aniket1097 said:
    Is there any psu under 1800 which i can use with my card?

for that gpu budget is not correct for 1800 inr. there is no good psu. but you insist to buy below 1800 inr there will be no good psu's out there but if u raise the budget atleast 3000/- inr this will help

this is a good psu. and below that price you can't find any good psus.

http://www.flipkart.com/antec-vp450-450-watts-psu/p/itmd5xz5xn9gpgtz?pid=PSUD5XZ4YTUBFJEZ&ref=b460f150-2bc9-40c4-8e19-8b87393cbf31

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Antec-VP450-Power-Supply-Review/1487/11

I personally don't suggest to buy this one but read the review carefully

http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-extreme-power-plus-460w-460-watts-psu/p/itmd5xz4qmxywwes?pid=PSUD5XZ4HGUZ8GHF&ref=b460f150-2bc9-40c4-8e19-8b87393cbf31

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eXtreme-Power-Plus-460-W-RS-460-PMSR-A3-Power-Supply-Review/550/10

read all reviews carefully and check out for better suggestions.

:D :D :D
  19. vdr369 said:
    if u don't eat food full. then you will be weak. the weakness doesn't shows immediately but going on improper diet every day for a year you will be very weak and your health is vulnerable. it is applicable to the psu and mobo too.

do want to know how.

as i mentioned the random below $20 psu's (iball,etc.,) are actually supplies only 280 to 320 watt but labels as 450 or 600 watt. when he plays games for more than 1 hour the problems starts. the psu pulls from the source more current. and fails to deliver the required wattage. so the mobo will struggles to supply the demand. this leads to hardware failure.

hope u understood.

:kaola: :kaola: :kaola:

That doesn't matter because those PSUs aren't what we were talking about.
  20. Ok after i connect a better psu is there any need of heat sink fan's?
  21. Heat sink fans on what? You'll need the video card and the CPU coolers to have fans or else the video card and CPU might overheat, unless they have passive coolers that are designed to handle the heat without fans. If any other heat sinks have fans, they should probably have them too.
  22. Thank you,
    Blazorthon...

;)
  23. aniket1097 said:
    Ok after i connect a better psu is there any need of heat sink fan's?

heat sinks for what, for processor or graphic card. any way for peaceful game play. connect it to a good psu and arrange cooling for PC. if you playing in your room. at present budget is problem then you can open your cabinet's door(side door) and play. it will reduce some heat. but not a good choice.(heat reduces because a ceiling fan runs when you are in your room)

otherwise. try upgrading the cabinet after checking the heats with 3rd party software's like speccy, hwmonitor.

:sol: :sol: :sol:
  24. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product