pvp npcs

Barry

Hi

Quick question before I go experimenting myself.... Do PVP enabled enemy
NPCs aggro? I'm, sure I've walked past some and they've ignored me, and
others have decided that they want a piece of me. eg, Samanatha swifthoof
ignores me.

Any ideas? If they don't aggro - why are they red and not yellow?

barry ytrede sig i <42a7e382$1@news.star.co.uk> med dette:

>Hi
>
>Quick question before I go experimenting myself.... Do PVP enabled enemy
>NPCs aggro? I'm, sure I've walked past some and they've ignored me, and
>others have decided that they want a piece of me. eg, Samanatha swifthoof
>ignores me.

No, not all PvP enabled NPCs do aggro.

You can even fight guards right next to them, and they don't react at
all.

>Any ideas? If they don't aggro - why are they red and not yellow?

I'm not sure, but I think they're quest-givers.

I kill them anyway, if they're giving XP, and if it's not in a low lvl
area...

PS. I hate those stupid Alliance who constantly raids XR, because I've
often had to wait for hours to turn in some quests, so it's really
ruining the game for people with chars between lvl 10-20.
--
Allan Stig Kiilerich Frederiksen
"When you try to change a mans paradigm, you must keep in mind that he

>PS. I hate those stupid Alliance who constantly raids XR, because I've
>often had to wait for hours to turn in some quests, so it's really
>ruining the game for people with chars between lvl 10-20.

Not that I have done this, but isn't that the point? You take the war
to the enemy and make life so miserable for them that they lose their
will to fight?

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 06:35:17 GMT, "barry" <bmercer@bnota.tk.com>
wrote:

>Quick question before I go experimenting myself.... Do PVP enabled enemy
>NPCs aggro? I'm, sure I've walked past some and they've ignored me, and
>others have decided that they want a piece of me. eg, Samanatha swifthoof
>ignores me.

Only guards aggro. Quest givers, vendors and other "civilians" are
non-aggro (most likely to reduce the griefing from repeated killings
of them).

>Any ideas? If they don't aggro - why are they red and not yellow?

Mobs are colored by your reputation with them:
Exalted, Revered, Honored, and Friendly are green
Neutral and Unfriendly are yellow.
Hostile and Hated are red.

These guys most likely max Hate you - they are just not aggro.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:05:59 +0200, ASKF <nospam@askf.dk> wrote:

>I believe however, that the problem only excists at the servers where
>Alliance badly outnumber the Horde. I haven't heard of similar problems
>at the few servers where Horde players are the majority.

This, I believe, has just as much to do with geography as anything.

Look at a map with flightpaths and you will see why it is named
Crossroads - no other place has even near the number of connections XR
has. This means that there is a good chance that you will be exposed
to the lag if there is a zerg there.

Also, horde has 2 areas in that level range - Barrens and Silverpine.
Alliance has Loch Modan, Westfall, and Darkshore
So if one area gets disrupted it is worse for horde, because they have
fewer other areas they can shift to.

And finally Barrens connect directly to the busy Stranglethorn Vale
making it easily accessible for alliance.

Of course, the numbers are a big factor too. On my server some stats
claim that there is a 2.6:1 alliance:horde ratio in the active players
- every horde faction boss has died more than once, but I have heard
of a total of one raid on an alliance capital so far (which failed on
their doorstep).

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

Simon Nejmann ytrede sig i <7tnha1d4mbmvtvhq49sujujj0m9tjpgm7t@4ax.com>
med dette:

>On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:05:59 +0200, ASKF <nospam@askf.dk> wrote:
>
>>I believe however, that the problem only excists at the servers where
>>Alliance badly outnumber the Horde. I haven't heard of similar problems
>>at the few servers where Horde players are the majority.
>
>This, I believe, has just as much to do with geography as anything.
>
>Look at a map with flightpaths and you will see why it is named
>Crossroads - no other place has even near the number of connections XR
>has. This means that there is a good chance that you will be exposed
>to the lag if there is a zerg there.

I know wery well it's the place with most flight connections, and it
doesn't matter where you are at Kalimdor, it's only 1-2 flights away,
and that's why people often keeps their home inn there till past lvl 50.

>Also, horde has 2 areas in that level range - Barrens and Silverpine.
>Alliance has Loch Modan, Westfall, and Darkshore
>So if one area gets disrupted it is worse for horde, because they have
>fewer other areas they can shift to.

Not only that, there are way fewer quests to do in Silverpine, and
they're only for getting reputation with Undercity, while at XR/Barrens
we can get reputation with all the Horde factions. So Silverpine isn't
the place to quest, if we want to get lower prices fast.

>And finally Barrens connect directly to the busy Stranglethorn Vale
>making it easily accessible for alliance.

This is one of the main reasons, I believe. None of the Alliance low lvl
areas are so easy to get to for Horde players.

>Of course, the numbers are a big factor too. On my server some stats
>claim that there is a 2.6:1 alliance:horde ratio in the active players
>- every horde faction boss has died more than once, but I have heard
>of a total of one raid on an alliance capital so far (which failed on
>their doorstep).

Well, since Stormwind and Ironforge are a bit harder to raid than
Orgrimmer and Undercity, it's not that big a surprise. However, at my
main server with a ratio of 1:1.2 in the Horde favor, those raids are
not uncommon and they often succede. On the other hand does the Alliance
raids on Orgrimmer normally fail, and if they attempts to raid XR,
they're faced with at least twice the number within 10 minutes.
- The battle is instead going on in Hillsbrad Foothills, and for the
lower lvl there are often smaller raids in Ashenvale Forest (think
Astranaar and Splintertree Post are equally attacked).
--

"Lehi" <right@behin.edu> wrote in message

>>PS. I hate those stupid Alliance who constantly raids XR, because
>>I've
>>often had to wait for hours to turn in some quests, so it's really
>>ruining the game for people with chars between lvl 10-20.
>
> Not that I have done this, but isn't that the point? You take the
> war
> to the enemy and make life so miserable for them that they lose
> their
> will to fight?

Maybe so on a PvP server, but on my PvE server it's rather puerile.

---Stash

"Political Correctness is just inverted McCarthyism."
-- Dennis Miller

SPAM FILTER:
You'd have to be out of YourMind to send me email.

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

Simon Nejmann <snejmann@worldonline.dk> stared blankly into space for
a short while before writing:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:05:59 +0200, ASKF <nospam@askf.dk> wrote:
>
>> I believe however, that the problem only excists at the servers
>> where Alliance badly outnumber the Horde. I haven't heard of
>> similar problems at the few servers where Horde players are the
>> majority.
>
> This, I believe, has just as much to do with geography as anything.
>
> Look at a map with flightpaths and you will see why it is named
> Crossroads - no other place has even near the number of connections
> XR has. This means that there is a good chance that you will be
> exposed to the lag if there is a zerg there.
>
> Also, horde has 2 areas in that level range - Barrens and
> Silverpine. Alliance has Loch Modan, Westfall, and Darkshore
> So if one area gets disrupted it is worse for horde, because they
> have fewer other areas they can shift to.
>
> And finally Barrens connect directly to the busy Stranglethorn Vale
> making it easily accessible for alliance.

Easiest way for an Alliance dude to get from their busiest city
(Ironforge) to Ratchet is to take a Gryph to Menethil, then a boat to
Thereamore, then a 3 minute ride up the coast.

--
Doc
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with beer...