replacing ODBC files

I am having trouble with xp not allowing me to use older version ODBC files.
I have to use an older version for 6 odbc files in the system32 folder in
order to use the software my business in dependant on. If I replace with
older version xp will update to newer version every time I restart the PC.
Also I can't replace two that are in use (even in safe mode). Can anyone
tell me how to force XP to use the files I need and not update, and how I can
replace odbc files that are in use?

Thank you :)

Get in touch with the developer to obtain a newer version of the program.
Trying to downgrade the version of MDAC on Windows XP will only cause other
problems and probably result in the need to reinstall the OS.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Napnut" wrote:
|I am having trouble with xp not allowing me to use older version ODBC
files.
| I have to use an older version for 6 odbc files in the system32 folder in
| order to use the software my business in dependant on. If I replace with
| older version xp will update to newer version every time I restart the PC.
| Also I can't replace two that are in use (even in safe mode). Can anyone
| tell me how to force XP to use the files I need and not update, and how I
can
| replace odbc files that are in use?
|
| Thank you :)

TRENDING THREADS