Sign in with
Your question

Burning proplems

Last response: in Components
November 27, 2012 10:34:33 AM

Hello,
i have a problem when trying to burn dvds ...i have a internal dvd rw + - ...and a external one..( brand new today ) the system picks them up and is able to read/play/be extracted ...but i cannot burn ..i have 4 different types of dvd rw ..none burn ..but do at a friends ..tried nero ..div x ..windows ......im running windows 7 ..was on xp pro ..had the proplem on xp aswell b4 my upgrade .. system.msn72-d motherboard ..4gig ram ..gforce 9800xte ..any help would be great

More about : burning proplems

November 27, 2012 11:00:37 AM

just to add ..system shows disc as 4.38 free ... when i try error checking drive ..it says windows cannot access disc ??/
November 27, 2012 11:17:32 AM

Can you burn to a CD?
Related resources
November 27, 2012 11:27:07 PM

are you logged on as a user with admin rights?
Try disabling all your security software (antivirus, firewall...)

and just to be clear,
your blanks burn fine at a friends house using his drives?
or is it your drives burn his blanks fine at his house?
November 28, 2012 8:29:13 AM

popatim ..the discs burn on his drive ...not on mine ...and jim i cannot burn a cd ..im going to try the above now ..fingers crossed
November 28, 2012 8:46:22 AM

popatim said:
are you logged on as a user with admin rights?
Try disabling all your security software (antivirus, firewall...)

and just to be clear,
your blanks burn fine at a friends house using his drives?
or is it your drives burn his blanks fine at his house?

popatim ..the discs burn on his drive ...not on mine ..i cant understand ..it was fine on xp pro for years ..then just stopped burning ..but can still read ..i upgraded to windows 7 ..still have the proplem ..i have brought a new dvd rw ..thinking it was that ..no same proplem .. its odd because i have a proplem wiv my flash drive ..when i put it in .. windows says this drive needs to be formatted ..go to format ..windows says unable to do so ...i wonder if it is linked ..my pc shows the discs ...and the flash drive ..but i am unable ..to do anything with the discs/flash ..apart from read .. confused m8 ...

!