Backup?

Last response: in Brands
July 23, 2004 5:44:43 AM

Hi,
What is the best way to backup EVERYTHING on my nokia 6600 phone? Including
the OS and all default application. Is there a way in case of failure to
restore it to the state it was when I bought it?
Thanks,
Maro

More about : backup

Anonymous
July 23, 2004 11:21:08 AM

"Maro" <maro@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<10g0h0sss99nr55@corp.supernews.com>...
> Hi,
> What is the best way to backup EVERYTHING on my nokia 6600 phone? Including
> the OS and all default application. Is there a way in case of failure to
> restore it to the state it was when I bought it?
> Thanks,
> Maro

We can offer partial backup feature with Oxygen Phone Manager II for
Symbian OS phones. You can save tones, images, calendar and phonebook
with our program. You can download trial license here:
http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/

PS: As per our info, no program allows to backup all symbian
smartphones settings completely. Though, our software offers to save
some useful data.

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
July 27, 2004 7:55:01 PM

Maro wrote:

> Hi,
> What is the best way to backup EVERYTHING on my nokia 6600 phone? Including
> the OS and all default application. Is there a way in case of failure to
> restore it to the state it was when I bought it?
> Thanks,
> Maro

PC Suite's Backup backs up everything - settings and data. (Don't
confuse this with synchronizing which only copies data to a PC)

Quote from an earlier post by Kraftéé :
"*#7370# will totally reformat the phone, but not the MMC, you will need
the lock code".
thus: to a state when it was bought (unless your Service Provider
installed some apps before selling it).

After a reformat, a full restore with PC Suite will bring the phone back
to the state when you backed it up.
I did this as a test on a 7650 (same OS - Series 60), and it really works.
If you had problems before (maybe the reason why you want to reformat)
you will still have the same problem after restoring.

A restore doesn't overwrite the firmware, though, so you can back up,
flash a newer firmware, then restore.
!