Backup?

Hi,
What is the best way to backup EVERYTHING on my nokia 6600 phone? Including
the OS and all default application. Is there a way in case of failure to
restore it to the state it was when I bought it?
Thanks,
Maro
2 answers Last reply
More about backup

    "Maro" <maro@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<10g0h0sss99nr55@corp.supernews.com>...
    > Hi,
    > What is the best way to backup EVERYTHING on my nokia 6600 phone? Including
    > the OS and all default application. Is there a way in case of failure to
    > restore it to the state it was when I bought it?
    > Thanks,
    > Maro

    We can offer partial backup feature with Oxygen Phone Manager II for
    Symbian OS phones. You can save tones, images, calendar and phonebook
    with our program. You can download trial license here:
    http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/

    PS: As per our info, no program allows to backup all symbian
    smartphones settings completely. Though, our software offers to save
    some useful data.

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    info@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.opm-2.com/
    http://www.oxygensoftware.com/

    Maro wrote:

    > Hi,
    > What is the best way to backup EVERYTHING on my nokia 6600 phone? Including
    > the OS and all default application. Is there a way in case of failure to
    > restore it to the state it was when I bought it?
    > Thanks,
    > Maro

    PC Suite's Backup backs up everything - settings and data. (Don't
    confuse this with synchronizing which only copies data to a PC)

    Quote from an earlier post by Kraftéé :
    "*#7370# will totally reformat the phone, but not the MMC, you will need
    the lock code".
    thus: to a state when it was bought (unless your Service Provider
    installed some apps before selling it).

    After a reformat, a full restore with PC Suite will bring the phone back
    to the state when you backed it up.
    I did this as a test on a 7650 (same OS - Series 60), and it really works.
    If you had problems before (maybe the reason why you want to reformat)
    you will still have the same problem after restoring.

    A restore doesn't overwrite the firmware, though, so you can back up,
    flash a newer firmware, then restore.

Nokia Backup