Need a case & PS. Also, comments on my build.

Hello, I'm designing a pc for my son for Christmas. He does a lot of gaming primarily and I want to be able to get him a box that will at least let him play any game. I'm going to list all the parts I've ordered on newegg this weekend and would appreciate any comments. Also, I need a case and power supply for all this. I'm thinking I need usb 3.0 on front as well. I have about 50$ left on my budget and it looks like I'll go over because I still need : Case, Power, Optical drive (blu-ray writer)?, network card. Is there anything else I'm missing? Thanks for the help.

Does everything look like it goes together??

SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100358VXL Radeon HD 7770 $139.00 and a $15 rebate
GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 $104.00
Arctic CPU Cooler $7.99
AMD Phenom II X4 965 $99.00
Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM $69.99
Logitech MK550 Black USB RF Wireless Ergonomic Wave Combo (K350 + M510) $29.99
1 x G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 $ Free with MOBO
1 x XIGMATEK Cooling System Crystal Series CLF-F1451 140mm Blue LED Case Fan PSU Molex Adapter/extender included $7.99

Total so far: $460.93
5 answers Last reply
More about need case also comments build
  1. most boards come with networking unless u want wifi, but the zalman z11 is a very nice case
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811235033
    and also how far can u go over with all the thing u still need could be well over $100 more
  2. I can go as far over as I am willing to get yelled at by my wife. :D Probably no more than $100. I just picked up an ASUS 24X Sata DVD burner for 19.99 on newegg as well. Was really wanting blu-ray but I don't know if that is where we need to be sinking in the $$$ right now. My video card looks to have a six pin connector so I'm guessing I have to look for a power supply with that as well. Thanks about the network, I didn't know that. Right now I'm using a homeplug to go into his box so really don't need wifi.

That case doesn't have usb 3.0 up front. I'm really not even sure what 3.0 is used for but I don't want to be behind before I even finish the build.
  3. PHANTOM 410.

Best looking case out there by far (Other than the Phantom 820!)
  4. HogCooter said:
    I can go as far over as I am willing to get yelled at by my wife. :D Probably no more than $100. I just picked up an ASUS 24X Sata DVD burner for 19.99 on newegg as well. Was really wanting blu-ray but I don't know if that is where we need to be sinking in the $$$ right now. My video card looks to have a six pin connector so I'm guessing I have to look for a power supply with that as well. Thanks about the network, I didn't know that. Right now I'm using a homeplug to go into his box so really don't need wifi.

That case doesn't have usb 3.0 up front. I'm really not even sure what 3.0 is used for but I don't want to be behind before I even finish the build.

3.0 is faster transfer speeds from usb drives and things of that nature, it has the 3.0 ports on top along with 2.0 and audio jacks
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Components Product