Sign in with
Your question

No display when hooked up to tv

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 23, 2012 7:55:51 PM

I am building a computer and started to watch the videos on newegg. They told me to do an external build first to make sure everything is in working order. I got to the part when I hook my video card up to my monitor and turn everything on. I used hdmi to my tv. I shorted the power to turn it on and nothing comes up on my tv. I am using a xfx radeon hd 6850 and an 1080p hdtv. Is this an issue with using a tv as a monitor right off the start or a problem with my motherboard/graphics card?

More about : display hooked

May 23, 2012 8:15:58 PM

WhatsaCOMPOOTER said:
I am building a computer and started to watch the videos on newegg. They told me to do an external build first to make sure everything is in working order. I got to the part when I hook my video card up to my monitor and turn everything on. I used hdmi to my tv. I shorted the power to turn it on and nothing comes up on my tv. I am using a xfx radeon hd 6850 and an 1080p hdtv. Is this an issue with using a tv as a monitor right off the start or a problem with my motherboard/graphics card?

If you have any monitor (non HDMI preferably) hook it up and boot. Do you have a post beep?
m
l
May 23, 2012 8:19:45 PM

I do not have a post beep, but i will try to hook up another monitor without hdmi
m
l
Related resources
May 23, 2012 8:27:49 PM

OK so i tried a different monitor without hdmi and still get no beep and no video.
m
l
May 23, 2012 10:37:14 PM

I have tried 2 different monitors with 2 different connections and still no beep. I took the video card off and turned everything on, still didn't beep. Does anyone have another suggestion?
m
l
!