Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Want Suggestions on Buying A Case And Cooling System

Last response: in Components
November 27, 2012 4:05:02 PM

Hello Tom's Hardware,
I am Aziz and this is my first post on this website.2 years ago,I upgraded my PC components.Here are the Specs:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4GHz
Motherboard:Gigabyte-MA785GPMT-UD2H
RAM:Kingston 2X2 GB @ 1333MHz
Graphics Card:XFX Radeon HD 5770
PSU:VIP 500W

I didn't buy a new case back then and under my ignorance i realized that there was not even a single fan inside my cabinet due to which my PC would heat up till almost 55-60C at idle and upto 70-80C at Load.So now I am planning to buy myself a new case and some case fans.

I have short-listed these 3 cases,please tell me your views on them.

1.Corsair 200R
2.NXZT Source 210
3.Bitfenix Merc Alpha

I live in India so many popular brands like Zalman,Rosewill etc. are not available.My budget is 120$ for the case and fans.Please give me your suggestions and I will check for their availability and consider them.Please also tell me an effective way to cool my PC so that I can Play games like Max Payne 3 etc. lag free.
November 27, 2012 4:07:27 PM

I am very sorry for making such a vital mistake.My budget for the case and extra fans is 100$(Rs.5000)
m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 27, 2012 6:57:33 PM

The Corsair 200R seems it's going to fit you very well. Includes 1 x 120 mm Fan at the front and another at the rear. You could buy another 120/140 mm fan for the side to cool down your GPU.

I think the only problem with the corsair is the USB 3.0, your motherboard does not support USB 3, and the case doesn't include an adapter to USB 2.0.

But any of those cases are great. With some cable management and a side fan for the GPU, you're not going to have any cooling problems.
m
l
Related resources
November 28, 2012 2:28:11 AM

jrayx said:
The Corsair 200R seems it's going to fit you very well. Includes 1 x 120 mm Fan at the front and another at the rear. You could buy another 120/140 mm fan for the side to cool down your GPU.

I think the only problem with the corsair is the USB 3.0, your motherboard does not support USB 3, and the case doesn't include an adapter to USB 2.0.

But any of those cases are great. With some cable management and a side fan for the GPU, you're not going to have any cooling problems.

You are very correct but isn't there any 3.0 to 2.0 available because I like that case very much fits right under my budget.Also its cable management and cooling is fantastic.Thank You For Helping Me out but Please do suggest a quick solution to this USB problem... :D  :cry: 
m
l
November 28, 2012 2:29:27 AM

Which case should I prefer of these three other than corsair 200R?
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
November 28, 2012 2:45:03 AM

aziz_hawk5253 said:
You are very correct but isn't there any 3.0 to 2.0 available because I like that case very much fits right under my budget.Also its cable management and cooling is fantastic.Thank You For Helping Me out but Please do suggest a quick solution to this USB problem... :D  :cry: 

Well, there are some adapters you could buy like this one from corsair http://www.corsair.com/parts/case-parts/corsair-carbide...
I know no one sell this accessory box, but I don't know if they sell them in India.

Quote:
Which case should I prefer of these three other than corsair 200R?

Well of those 3 the most I like is the Corsair because of the layout of the Hard Drive cage, it hides all the cables and you get better cable management and better cooling.

If you can't get the corsair, I'll suggest you going with the Source 210, awesome case and it looks a lot like the corsair 200R. But the way the Hard Drive's are mounted will get you in some trouble with the airflow and cables.
November 28, 2012 4:07:37 AM

Best answer selected by Aziz_hawk5253.
m
l
!