Votes: 4 12.5%
  • EVGA GTX 670 FTW

Votes: 28 87.5%

• Total voters

DirkAction

Honorable
May 12, 2012
Asus 670 DCII ;)

Do you want a factory overclock or do you want to overclock it yourself? That's the only difference, so it's up to you. Personally I wouldn't get either, but I'd say FTW just because it's a warrantied overclocked card.

It's oft stated that the factory overclock cards are the same thing as the reference models and that you can do the same OC yourself. This couldn't be further from the truth.

For example:

The EVGA reference card has 4 phase VRM and stock cooler
The EVGA SC has a 6 phase VRM and improved cooler.
The EVGA FTW has an 8 phase VRM and improved cooler

The better the cooler, the better the voltage control stability wise and the more voltage ya VRM can handle w/o going up in smoke, the faster the OC you can obtain.

Based upon my experience with the 560 TI's.....

820 - 900 MHz was doable with just about all of the reference cards
900- 980 was doable with the improved coolers and 6 phase VRM's
980 - 1070 was doable with improved coolers the 7 phase VRM's

Personally, I have had much better luck w/ the Asus DCII TOP than any other card lines I have tried.

As to whethrr it's worth the price.....Id say no as long as the Asus TOP model is around

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
^^ All the non-reference coolers exhaust air within the case while evga's card exhaust air outside the case... i want lower case temps.

i want factory overclocked because it has a warranty...

My question is if the FTW is worth the extra 20$???

Yes. It's much more than the factory overclock.

doyletdude

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
No one bothered to mention the fact that the FTW uses a larger PCB (the full size gtx680 pcb to be exact) and therefor is in my opinion worth the 20$. You aren't just getting a higher factory overclock you actually get 20$ more in PCB and cooling materials. Should be overall better suited for OCing than the short board use in reference 670s