More 5D evidence...

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 15, 2005 8:34:08 PM

http://www.digitalkamera.de/Kameras/Canon-EOS-5D.asp

More about : evidence

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:56:28 AM

news:o D9Me.1300$ct5.277@fed1read04...
> http://www.digitalkamera.de/Kameras/Canon-EOS-5D.asp

Well, if this is a hoax, I've been taken in. I haven't seen this much smoke
on the boards in quite a while. But here's hoping that two of the items, the
5D and 24-105L are real, since they would make me reach for my plastic in a
second. Full frame (yeah, I know...), an excellent walk-around/event lens,
and the ability to use all that glass that was designed for that frame size
is too good to resist. In fact, only the cost of the 1Ds or the 1DsII has
kept me away from that setup. Plus, the cameras are the size of the Titanic.

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:56:29 AM

"Kinon O'cann" <Yes.it's.me.Bowser> wrote in message

> news:o D9Me.1300$ct5.277@fed1read04...
>> http://www.digitalkamera.de/Kameras/Canon-EOS-5D.asp
>
> Well, if this is a hoax, I've been taken in. I haven't seen this much
> smoke on the boards in quite a while. But here's hoping that two of the
> items, the 5D and 24-105L are real, since they would make me reach for my
> plastic in a second. Full frame (yeah, I know...), an excellent
> walk-around/event lens, and the ability to use all that glass that was
> designed for that frame size is too good to resist. In fact, only the cost
> of the 1Ds or the 1DsII has kept me away from that setup. Plus, the
> cameras are the size of the Titanic.

Yeah, I just got a brand new AmEx Gold Business card. This would be just
the ticket to break it in, don't you think? ;-)

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

I guess if you've been waiting for a new Canon, you should be hoping that
this ISN'T like the Canon 9950 printer (Canon USA chooses NOT to sell it in
the U.S.).

news:o D9Me.1300$ct5.277@fed1read04...
> http://www.digitalkamera.de/Kameras/Canon-EOS-5D.asp

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 1:38:44 AM

"george" <nowhere@newsonly.com> wrote in message
>I guess if you've been waiting for a new Canon, you should be hoping that
>this ISN'T like the Canon 9950 printer (Canon USA chooses NOT to sell it in
>the U.S.).

I don't know of any Canon DSLRs that haven't made it to the US.
The differences have been in name only.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 7:02:15 AM

Mark² wrote:
> "george" <nowhere@newsonly.com> wrote in message
>
>>I guess if you've been waiting for a new Canon, you should be hoping that
>>this ISN'T like the Canon 9950 printer (Canon USA chooses NOT to sell it in
>>the U.S.).
>

> I don't know of any Canon DSLRs that haven't made it to the US.
> The differences have been in name only.

He's refering to the CD printing function of the Canon inkjets being
left out. It was the case for Epson printers too but now they include
the features in the north american models. I don't think this is what
Canon really want to do. Does anyone know the real reason? Likely
patents, I guess.
August 16, 2005 7:02:16 AM

l e o wrote:

> He's refering to the CD printing function of the Canon inkjets being
> left out. It was the case for Epson printers too but now they include
> the features in the north american models. I don't think this is what
> Canon really want to do. Does anyone know the real reason? Likely
> patents, I guess.

The better question is who cares if a photo quality printer can print CD's?

--

Stacey
Anonymous

>l e o wrote:
>>

>> He's refering to the CD printing function of the Canon inkjets being
>> left out. It was the case for Epson printers too but now they include
>> the features in the north american models. I don't think this is what
>> Canon really want to do. Does anyone know the real reason? Likely
>> patents, I guess.
>
> The better question is who cares if a photo quality printer can print
> CD's?

I do.
I am having a ball finally being able to produce professional-looking DVDs
with incredible-looking labels. It beats the pants off of using "Stomper
Labels" or the like.

I now have a printer entirely dedicated to printing CD/DVD labels.

If anyone is interested, Costco is now selling the Epson Photo R300 for a
measly $99 after an instant #30 rebate. That's only $30 more than it costs
to buy a set of 6 ink carts for it. -For that reason, I may just buy a
second one to use at work... :)

It does a great job of printing on printable CD/DVD discs...
Fuji makes a great disc that is printable, but still silver.
Costco sells a stack of 100 White printable TDK DVD-R discs for cheap.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 1:44:02 PM

> "Stacey" <fotocord@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>l e o wrote:
>>>

> If anyone is interested, Costco is now selling the Epson Photo R300 for a
> measly $99 after an instant #30 rebate. That's only $30 more than it
> costs to buy a set of 6 ink carts for it. -For that reason, I may just
> buy a second one to use at work... :)
>
> It does a great job of printing on printable CD/DVD discs...
> Fuji makes a great disc that is printable, but still silver.
> Costco sells a stack of 100 White printable TDK DVD-R discs for cheap.

Thanks for that info, Mark.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 2:30:06 PM

> "Kinon O'cann" <Yes.it's.me.Bowser> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
>> news:o D9Me.1300$ct5.277@fed1read04...
>>> http://www.digitalkamera.de/Kameras/Canon-EOS-5D.asp
>>
>> Well, if this is a hoax, I've been taken in. I haven't seen this much
>> smoke on the boards in quite a while. But here's hoping that two of the
>> items, the 5D and 24-105L are real, since they would make me reach for my
>> plastic in a second. Full frame (yeah, I know...), an excellent
>> walk-around/event lens, and the ability to use all that glass that was
>> designed for that frame size is too good to resist. In fact, only the
>> cost of the 1Ds or the 1DsII has kept me away from that setup. Plus, the
>> cameras are the size of the Titanic.
>>

> Yeah, I just got a brand new AmEx Gold Business card. This would be just
> the ticket to break it in, don't you think? ;-)

Hell, give it good break in. Get two. Just let me know when and where I can
pick mine up.

> --
> Skip Middleton
> http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 2:30:07 PM

"Kinon O'Cann" <somew@re.over.the.rainbow> wrote in message
news:o LmMe.1$CO5.0@bos-service2.ext.ray.com...

> "Skip M" <shadowcatcher@cox.net> wrote in message
>> "Kinon O'cann" <Yes.it's.me.Bowser> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
>>> news:o D9Me.1300$ct5.277@fed1read04...
>>>
>>> Well, if this is a hoax, I've been taken in. I haven't seen this much
>>> smoke on the boards in quite a while. But here's hoping that two of the
>>> items, the 5D and 24-105L are real, since they would make me reach for
>>> my plastic in a second. Full frame (yeah, I know...), an excellent
>>> walk-around/event lens, and the ability to use all that glass that was
>>> designed for that frame size is too good to resist. In fact, only the
>>> cost of the 1Ds or the 1DsII has kept me away from that setup. Plus, the
>>> cameras are the size of the Titanic.
>>>

>> Yeah, I just got a brand new AmEx Gold Business card. This would be just
>> the ticket to break it in, don't you think? ;-)
>
> Hell, give it good break in. Get two. Just let me know when and where I
> can pick mine up.

I am getting two, one for me, one for my wife... ;-)

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 4:49:57 PM

> I am getting two, one for me, one for my wife... ;-)

Figures. Once again, I'm playing second fiddle.

Again, assuming this damn thing and that lens is real, I'm on board as soon
as possible, and all the film gear goes away. I might throw in a FF fisheye,
as well. Love those fisheyes.

Of course, I keep the 20D as a second body, and the 17-85 lens becaue that
combo is so damned good.

> --
> Skip Middleton
> http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 5:22:44 PM

>> "Stacey" <fotocord@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>l e o wrote:
>>>>

>> If anyone is interested, Costco is now selling the Epson Photo R300 for a
>> measly $99 after an instant #30 rebate. That's only $30 more than it
>> costs to buy a set of 6 ink carts for it. -For that reason, I may just
>> buy a second one to use at work... :)
>>
>> It does a great job of printing on printable CD/DVD discs...
>> Fuji makes a great disc that is printable, but still silver.
>> Costco sells a stack of 100 White printable TDK DVD-R discs for cheap.
>>
> Thanks for that info, Mark.

Let me know if you get one, Skip, and I'll send you a few tips I've
discovered to get the discs printing just right.

-M
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 7:34:21 PM

Mark² wrote:
> "Skip M" <shadowcatcher@cox.net> wrote in message
>
>>>If anyone is interested, Costco is now selling the Epson Photo R300 for a
>>>measly $99 after an instant #30 rebate. That's only $30 more than it
>>>costs to buy a set of 6 ink carts for it. -For that reason, I may just
>>>buy a second one to use at work... :)
>>>
>>>It does a great job of printing on printable CD/DVD discs...
>>>Fuji makes a great disc that is printable, but still silver.
>>>Costco sells a stack of 100 White printable TDK DVD-R discs for cheap.

>>Thanks for that info, Mark.
>
> Let me know if you get one, Skip, and I'll send you a few tips I've
> discovered to get the discs printing just right.

How 'bout posting such tips right here? I've got said machine- came
cheap with a G-5- and have printed all of two CDs.

--
John McWilliams

Oh, what a tangled web we weave,
When we first practice to decieve
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 8:52:06 PM

> "Skip M" <shadowcatcher@cox.net> wrote in message
>

>> I am getting two, one for me, one for my wife... ;-)
>
> Figures. Once again, I'm playing second fiddle.
>
> Again, assuming this damn thing and that lens is real, I'm on board as
> soon as possible, and all the film gear goes away. I might throw in a FF
> fisheye, as well. Love those fisheyes.
>
> Of course, I keep the 20D as a second body, and the 17-85 lens becaue that
> combo is so damned good.

At least one 20D stays, and we already have a 15mm fisheye, and finally, it
will act like one, and the 16-35 f2.8 will act like the wide zoom it's
rumored to be...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 8:52:27 PM

Thanks, I'll do that...

--

> "Skip M" <shadowcatcher@cox.net> wrote in message
>> "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Stacey" <fotocord@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>>>

>>> If anyone is interested, Costco is now selling the Epson Photo R300 for
>>> a measly $99 after an instant #30 rebate. That's only $30 more than it
>>> costs to buy a set of 6 ink carts for it. -For that reason, I may just
>>> buy a second one to use at work... :)
>>>
>>> It does a great job of printing on printable CD/DVD discs...
>>> Fuji makes a great disc that is printable, but still silver.
>>> Costco sells a stack of 100 White printable TDK DVD-R discs for cheap.
>>>
>> Thanks for that info, Mark.
>
> Let me know if you get one, Skip, and I'll send you a few tips I've
> discovered to get the discs printing just right.
>
> -M

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 3:22:54 AM

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:49:34 -0400, Stacey <fotocord@yahoo.com> wrote:

>l e o wrote:
>>

>> He's refering to the CD printing function of the Canon inkjets being
>> left out. It was the case for Epson printers too but now they include
>> the features in the north american models. I don't think this is what
>> Canon really want to do. Does anyone know the real reason? Likely
>> patents, I guess.
>
>The better question is who cares if a photo quality printer can print CD's?

This issue has been repeatedly discussed to death in
comp.periphs.printers. Consensus is that Canon USA refused to pay the
patent holder.

There have been repeated threads in that group about importing a
CD-print-capable printer into the US from Europe, and even some
threads about do-it-yourself modifications to "unlock" CD printing.

The real answer seems to be go buy a low-cost Epson printer! By the
way the new high-end Epson photo printers don't do CD's either.

Padre Kodak
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 5:16:57 AM

Stacey wrote:
> l e o wrote:
> >

> > He's refering to the CD printing function of the Canon inkjets being
> > left out. It was the case for Epson printers too but now they include
> > the features in the north american models. I don't think this is what
> > Canon really want to do. Does anyone know the real reason? Likely
> > patents, I guess.
>
> The better question is who cares if a photo quality printer can print CD's?
>
> --
>
> Stacey

I do. Much moe professional looking when sending out samples.
August 17, 2005 5:20:42 AM

Mark² wrote:

> "Stacey" <fotocord@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> The better question is who cares if a photo quality printer can print
>> CD's?

> I now have a printer entirely dedicated to printing CD/DVD labels.
>
> If anyone is interested, Costco is now selling the Epson Photo R300 for a
> measly $99 after an instant #30 rebate.

Exactly my point..
--

Stacey
Anonymous

> Mark² wrote:
>

>> "Stacey" <fotocord@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> The better question is who cares if a photo quality printer can print
>>> CD's?
>

>> I now have a printer entirely dedicated to printing CD/DVD labels.
>>
>> If anyone is interested, Costco is now selling the Epson Photo R300 for a
>> measly $99 after an instant #30 rebate.
>

> Exactly my point..
> --
>
> Stacey

And what point was that?

I can either buy paper sticker labels, creating extra trash, extrra cost,
extra hassle, extra mess, amateurish looks, and ink consumption...
....or I can print directly to disc with merely the ink.
Makes a great deal of sense to me.

What's the beef?
August 17, 2005 10:37:52 AM

"Kinon O'Cann" <somew@re.over.the.rainbow> wrote:

> "Skip M" <shadowcatcher@cox.net> wrote in message
>
> > I am getting two, one for me, one for my wife... ;-)

I am getting one for me, THAT LOOK from my wife... ;^)

> Figures. Once again, I'm playing second fiddle.
>
> Again, assuming this damn thing and that lens is real, I'm on board as soon
> as possible, and all the film gear goes away. I might throw in a FF fisheye,
> as well. Love those fisheyes.
>
> Of course, I keep the 20D as a second body, and the
> 17-85 lens becaue that combo is so damned good.

I'll keep the 70-200 IS on my KIA 20D.

Jeff
!