Graphics Card Keeps Crashing PC!

GodHimself

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Hi guy's I am a newbie here. I am getting real frustrated with this video card I have an HIS 6850, I bought if from Newegg.com here's a link to it for more info: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161384

The problem is I just keep crashing even on idle. Just when I run a game or even in game I will crash. I already tried Installing and reinstalling the video card, all my video and audio drivers as well. I even took out the card and put it back in. I don't know whats up, what can I do? I really don't want to return and go trough an RMA process.

I got a Dxdiag here, where could I post it or upload ?

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
What power supply do you have? And i assume any of the additional 6/8 pin power pins are plugged in with it as well?
You reinstalled drivers, Have you tried an older version of the driver or the original Disc? sometimes there can be a conflict with drivers and other drivers/software but sounds like it could be a defective card or power problem.

Was this a GPU upgrade or is this a brand new Computer build/windows installation?

GodHimself

Honorable
May 23, 2012
I have a Thermal 600w PSU, and yes I do have a 6-pin power plugged into it.

To answer the other questions, yes I have tried older versions but from
AMD's website not the disc. Lastly the the GPU was just an upgrade.

Thanks for your reply

gr0bda

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
Next logical question would be: can you test the card in a different system? I'm assuming you didn't have these kind of problems with your system prior to installing the card?

GodHimself

Honorable
May 23, 2012

I've already tried the the card on a different system. It runs fine :=0
and yes I didn't have any system problems what so ever prior to the installation.

gr0bda

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
Do you have some kind of monitoring software installed like speed fan, to see if temps are ok?

How about creating separate partition and installing minimal system from scratch and see if problem prevails?

Could you swap power supplies from the other machine, just to be on the safe side?

GodHimself

Honorable
May 23, 2012

Thanks for your reply too.

I have iTurbo from HIS, and MSI After Burner, temps seem ok, the highest it'll go is 60 degrees Celsius.

The only part of scratch I can go is re installing the video card which I have tried before. I'll go a couple weeks without crashing then all of a sudden ill start crashing a lot.

I dunno about the PSU I have a couple and tried them all, I think its just the video card might be defective.