Sign in with
Your question

Why Is My CPU Fan So Loud?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
November 27, 2012 5:13:51 PM

Hi, i installed a new H/F today, it's a socket 775 one that has a backplate, it's cooler master, a heatsink that was in a HP computer, it's big and has a copper core. so, i took the motherboard out, installed it, applied the thermal grease, wired everything back up, and when i turn it on the CPU fan is at around 4500RPM, way too fast, i have to wait until i get into windows so then i can change it with speedfan. My previous H/F did this too.

But there is NO reason for it to be so loud, it idles at 39 degrees and under prime95 it won't go past 50 degrees with the fan at 70%!

Rest Of System. (If this helps....)

Core 2 Duo e8400 @3.47GHz
Asus P5W-DH deluxe socket 775
Nvidia Geforce 8600GT 256MB DDR3
FSP Bluestorm ii 530W

Does anyone know what the problem is, i've fiddled in the Bios but can't seem to find much.

Thanks!

More about : cpu fan loud

a b à CPUs
November 27, 2012 5:23:06 PM

You should be able to lower the speed that the fan is spinning at if you go into the bios.
Have a look under the power section of the bios, there should be an option to lower the rpm speed.
November 27, 2012 5:32:59 PM

weaselman said:
You should be able to lower the speed that the fan is spinning at if you go into the bios.
Have a look under the power section of the bios, there should be an option to lower the rpm speed.

I have checked, can't seem to change anything.
!