handyjarhead

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
I just got a GTX 670 FTW and I have been trying it out on some of my games. It works fine with GTA IV at avg 52 fps and Cod 4 at 90ish FPS. But when I get to BF3 my main game it seems sluggish. My FPS is jumpy raning from the 90's to the high 40's. I have tried multiple video settings but still doesn't preform amazing. It seems like its almost stuttering. Is it the Card? Is my CPU bootlenecking it? Or is it something else?
Specs Below

handyjarhead

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
I think that it is just the card... if it really ever gets low(below 30 then your card is maby having issues but 40-90 is pretty good for one of the most demandings games on the market right now.. but yeah the fluctuation is wierd but i think its just the card catching up.

have you tried it with metro 2033 if you can(on steam right now 7/17/12 for $5) good fps on that then your set

Don't worry about the fps as long as it does not drop below 30 your fine also try turing of the v-sync in the options(if you see ripples in the screen then that is the v-sync off) I think the 670 has a v-sync built in so disable that and tell me the fps.

Oh and i don't think it is your cpu bottlenecking(do upgrade at some point in the future games are getting more and more cpu intensive)