Wich crossbow is better for hunter?

Some of the weapons has additional magic damage, like Heartseeking Crossbow.
How to interpretate this additional damage, is it per shot or DPS?

I am hunter and I am using Heartseeking Crossbow currently.
Since I completed boss quest in Alterac Valley Battleground I can take one
of the rewards: crossbow Bloodseeker
or
Polearm Ice Barbed Spear (the stats are at the end of this post).

Bloodseeker is great but this Polearm is great too and I am not sure wich
one should i choose?

Should I take Bloodseeker, sell Heartseeking and forget about Ice Barbed
Spear
or
take Ice Barbed Spear, keep Heartseeking and forget about Bloodseeker?

What would you do?

Stats:
Heartseeking Crossbow
Binds when equipped
Crossbow
71 - 108 Damage Speed 3.10
+ 1 - 4 Shadow Damage
(29.7 damage per second)
+9 Agility
+4 Stamina
Durability 75 / 75
Requires Level 51
Sells for 2 Gold 94 Silver 44 Copper to vendors
Item Level 56

Bloodseeker
Binds when picked up
Ranged Crossbow
74 - 139 Damage Speed 3.30
(32.3 damage per second)
+8 Strength
+7 Agility
Durability 75 / 75
Sells for 4 Gold 41 Silver 71 Copper to vendors
Item Level 63

Ice Barbed Spear
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand Polearm
155 - 233 Damage Speed 3.60
(53.9 damage per second)
+13 Strength
+21 Agility
+20 Stamina
Durability 100 / 100
Sells for 7 Gold 33 Silver 53 Copper to vendors
Item Level 63
3 answers Last reply
More about wich crossbow hunter

    > Some of the weapons has additional magic damage, like Heartseeking
    > Crossbow. How to interpretate this additional damage, is it per shot or
    > DPS?

    It's per shot and is counted in the listed DPS of the weapon.

    > Heartseeking Crossbow
    > 71 - 108 Damage Speed 3.10
    > + 1 - 4 Shadow Damage
    > (29.7 damage per second)

    ((71+1+108+4)/2)/3.10)=29.6774

    What you do is add your attack power to the base DPS to get your true
    base DPS. For Hunters, 1 Agi = 1 Ranged Attack Power. 14 Attack Power =
    1 DPS.

    So....

    > Heartseeking Crossbow
    > (29.7 damage per second)
    > +9 Agility

    Works out to 30.32 DPS

    > Bloodseeker
    > (32.3 damage per second)
    > +7 Agility

    Works out to 32.8 DPS, which is a clear win. Further the +8 Str will
    give you (8/14) boost to your Melee DPS.

    > Ice Barbed Spear
    > +21 Agility

    These stats still apply when you're using your crossbow and this is
    still equipped. So you get a 1.5 DPS just for having this equipped
    while you're shooting at things.

    Btw, equipment that gives +X Attack Power applies to both Melee and
    Ranged.

    Regards,
    Noal

    --
    Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage [PvE]
    Kemwer - Tauren Warrior (28) on Stormrage [PvE]

    On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:18:10 +0200, "Robert" <robertrado@NOSPAMwp.pl>
    scribed into the ether:

    >Some of the weapons has additional magic damage, like Heartseeking Crossbow.
    >How to interpretate this additional damage, is it per shot or DPS?

    Per shot. The added damage is already calculated into the DPS, but the
    listed DPS for any weapon is vastly lower than what it actually does.

    In the case of the Heartseeker bow, 1-4 points of damage from each hit will
    not be subject to normal damage resistance from armor. Unless you are
    shooting it at say, a Voidwalker, who will probably take almost no damage
    from it.

    >What would you do?
    >
    >Stats:
    >Heartseeking Crossbow
    >Binds when equipped
    >Crossbow
    >71 - 108 Damage Speed 3.10
    >+ 1 - 4 Shadow Damage
    >(29.7 damage per second)
    >+9 Agility
    >+4 Stamina
    >Durability 75 / 75
    >Requires Level 51
    >Sells for 2 Gold 94 Silver 44 Copper to vendors
    >Item Level 56
    >
    >Bloodseeker
    >Binds when picked up
    >Ranged Crossbow
    >74 - 139 Damage Speed 3.30
    >(32.3 damage per second)
    >+8 Strength
    >+7 Agility
    >Durability 75 / 75
    >Sells for 4 Gold 41 Silver 71 Copper to vendors
    >Item Level 63
    >
    >Ice Barbed Spear
    >Binds when picked up
    >Two-Hand Polearm
    >155 - 233 Damage Speed 3.60
    >(53.9 damage per second)
    >+13 Strength
    >+21 Agility
    >+20 Stamina
    >Durability 100 / 100
    >Sells for 7 Gold 33 Silver 53 Copper to vendors
    >Item Level 63

    For god's sake take the SPEAR. The Bloodseeker is a meager upgrade over the
    Heartseeker, the bonus stats on that spear are *huge*. Plus, spears just
    look great, and you can see them equipped along with your quiver at the
    same time.

    There are plenty of other bows to get. Try going for the Gorewood bow from
    the quest series in the East Plaguelands. Not that difficult to get with a
    fairly competant group...lots of XP for everyone, rewards that anyone can
    use. Easier if you are Horde than Alliance, but it's about time *something*
    is.

    Thx a lot for your response. I needed exactly this information.

    Regards
    Robert
    Uzytkownik "Noal McDonald" <dharzhak@my-deja.com> napisal w wiadomosci
    >> Some of the weapons has additional magic damage, like Heartseeking
    >> Crossbow. How to interpretate this additional damage, is it per shot or
    >> DPS?
    >
    > It's per shot and is counted in the listed DPS of the weapon.
    >
    >> Heartseeking Crossbow
    >> 71 - 108 Damage Speed 3.10
    >> + 1 - 4 Shadow Damage
    >> (29.7 damage per second)
    >
    > ((71+1+108+4)/2)/3.10)=29.6774
    >
    > What you do is add your attack power to the base DPS to get your true
    > base DPS. For Hunters, 1 Agi = 1 Ranged Attack Power. 14 Attack Power =
    > 1 DPS.
    >
    > So....
    >
    >> Heartseeking Crossbow
    >> (29.7 damage per second)
    >> +9 Agility
    >
    > Works out to 30.32 DPS
    >
    >> Bloodseeker
    >> (32.3 damage per second)
    >> +7 Agility
    >
    > Works out to 32.8 DPS, which is a clear win. Further the +8 Str will
    > give you (8/14) boost to your Melee DPS.
    >
    >> Ice Barbed Spear
    >> +21 Agility
    >
    > These stats still apply when you're using your crossbow and this is
    > still equipped. So you get a 1.5 DPS just for having this equipped
    > while you're shooting at things.
    >
    > Btw, equipment that gives +X Attack Power applies to both Melee and
    > Ranged.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Noal
    >
    > --
    > Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage [PvE]
    > Kemwer - Tauren Warrior (28) on Stormrage [PvE]

Video Games