Meowheim

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Hello,

Today I unplugged a USB from my desktop PC and unfortunately it took a black plastic piece from the USB itself. I can't place the black piece back in and all that's left in that same USB port are 4 golden copper like pins. This had caused my PC to shut down. I'm able to turn it back on, however no display is showing up. I've tried other monitors and that didn't yield any results. I'm also unable to test my video card on another PC at the moment. Before I go about this any further, I was hoping anybody could give me some insight regarding this situation. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks.

j___o___s___h

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Ok it sounds like a grounding problem since the usb port no longer has protection so to speak. Try opening up your computer finding what ever wire supplies power to your usb. Disconnect the power /wire/belt what not to the usb ports. Reboot and try and see. Hopefully it will work.

Meowheim

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Thank you so much. It wasn't necessarily the USB at least I think. During the process of unplugging the USB wires(which didn't work) I reset the cmos and that did the trick. Again, thank you!